RESOLVED Further discussion of missing classification in Clause Participants

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
This post has 0 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 30222
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Sep 24 2020 11:14 PM

This is a continuation of the discussion in Major BUG: Grammatical roles have disappeared in BWS in order to show that it is a bug that should be fixed ... not ignored for another four years.

This is the announcement of the feature in Logos 6 https://community.logos.com/forums/t/92635.aspx stating it is a replacement for the grammatical relationships section. Note that the change notes indicate multiple repairs trying to get the Clause Participants section working correctly. Note also that the grammatical relationships section still exists, nicely providing the data that the Clause Participants does not.  It is rather silly to still need both sections to get the functionality that supposedly was transferred to the new format. It would be nice to be able to phase the old section out but that is possible only when the new one actually functions.

Note: I was wrong having been led astray by assuming the replacement was related to the original. Once I tried running both section against a Greek verb I finally figured out how it works ... nothing anywhere gave me a hint ....

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (1 items) | RSS