Faithlife: Whats up with the search and website?

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 401
Batman | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 2 2020 8:29 PM

WHO on earth thinks this messy and sloppy new search is so good, never used it BEFORE shoving it at us! 
It's HORRIBLE, possibly the second worst search engine EVER! 

I'm trying to look up books, BUT, instead of a great search engine, it's even worse than before!
A good search engine or website does NOT make you tick a box AND start all over! Stupidest dang thing for a website. You tick tick and tick then hit DONE! 
It takes an exaggerated 100 years to tick what I want to eliminate the garbage I don't want. 
Now, when we hit back, it scrolls all the way back to the beginning! DUMB! Did ANYONE test this out? did they see how annoying this whole process is? If so WHY would ANYONE want to aggravate people like that? If not WHY NOT? 

I dont understand decisions companies make to do stupid things like this. Am I the ONLY person in the universe bothered by dumb changes like this? And here's another good one. There's a posting issue. When I hit back, the subject disappears, BUT, oddly enough, this message does not! What the heck on all this?
Or is my computer the only one that does this to? 

Posts 4134
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 2 2020 9:09 PM

Just curious, if this is the second worst, whats the worst?

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 5089
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2020 5:40 AM

Batman:
Now, when we hit back, it scrolls all the way back to the beginning!

No, it does not. It scrolls back to the top of the page, whether that is page one or page ten.

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2020 6:29 AM

Batman:
I dont understand decisions companies make to do stupid things like this

I think Amazon is similar? Or worse ... they also load in their ad-driven items at the top, which my browser rejects by definition (ad-server).  Home Depot is easier ... service people know what they need. No patience.

I discovered by accident on Logos.com, why typing in a search term, hitting enter, and then it substituting the first suggested item instead, occurs (that's a terrible sentence).  I don't think the FL coders worry too much about popular browsers, etc.  The older Logos model was better coded.

My guess (also looking at their other products) is their designs are 'paper' driven. This, then this, then that. They don't do too much on 'fast and easy'.

Bottom-line: use the site as a last resort (resort is an odd word).

EDIT: Don't get me started on their most-to-least sorting under the carots (sp). I was playing with the Verbum app, and it was the same. You can't find specific categories ... a trip to 1500bc Phoenicia might help them. Al-pha-be-tic. How many words are a combo of their letters ... alpha + beta?

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 401
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2020 1:54 PM

SineNomine:

Batman:
Now, when we hit back, it scrolls all the way back to the beginning!

No, it does not. It scrolls back to the top of the page, whether that is page one or page ten.

That would be affirmative. All the way back to the beginning of the previous page. The top; not to page 1 if I'm on page 37. 

Posts 401
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2020 1:59 PM

Denise:

Batman:
I dont understand decisions companies make to do stupid things like this

I think Amazon is similar? Or worse ... they also load in their ad-driven items at the top, which my browser rejects by definition (ad-server).  Home Depot is easier ... service people know what they need. No patience.

I discovered by accident on Logos.com, why typing in a search term, hitting enter, and then it substituting the first suggested item instead, occurs (that's a terrible sentence).  I don't think the FL coders worry too much about popular browsers, etc.  The older Logos model was better coded.

My guess (also looking at their other products) is their designs are 'paper' driven. This, then this, then that. They don't do too much on 'fast and easy'.

Bottom-line: use the site as a last resort (resort is an odd word).

EDIT: Don't get me started on their most-to-least sorting under the carots (sp). I was playing with the Verbum app, and it was the same. You can't find specific categories ... a trip to 1500bc Phoenicia might help them. Al-pha-be-tic. How many words are a combo of their letters ... alpha + beta?

Amazon is not a favorite, either, but, it makes some sense. 
eBay has, in my opinion, one of the best search engines-- even if the company itself is on my F list. 
Yes the older Logos model was MUCH better. The coders dont seem to be worrying about much, imnsho (in my not so humble opinion). 

Posts 401
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2020 2:14 PM

abondservant:

Just curious, if this is the second worst, whats the worst?

Big Smile I always hated most, if not all car websites. Car parts sites, anyway. But, the absolute worst, to date, is emusic. I love extended versions, remixes, club hits, along those lines-- in case you are unfamiliar with them, they originally started in the late 70's became popular in the mid 80's. The first i ever heard was at an arcade, and the song on the radio was Electric Ave. by Eddy Grant. I thought the attendant was fiddling with the station, I was about to holler at him, when I realized THAT'S THE SONG! To this day, I think that's among the best ever. Ok, back on track, usually they are longer than the album or 7inch version. A 3:00 minute song becomes 6-10 minutes, depending on who did it. Some are barely longer, but more mixed, some have been 20+ minutes (not usually good, because it's beyond ridiculous at that point-- with very few exceptions). Reason for lengthiness? Originally to give the DJ more of a bathroom break than 2-3 minutes (truth). 

Ok, so i went off on two bunny trails. If I type in 80s Extended, I'll get all types of weird results. If I were to put say Electric Ave. Extended, I'd get all types of results, things that dont even match what I put in. Eg, they MIGHT toss in Street of Dreams then all of a sudden you'd have Electric Ave. then, Electric Dreams, Sweet Dreams, perhaps, then all of a sudden they might have songs by Dave Stewart, b/c he was part of the Eurhytmics, who sang Sweet Dreams. It's a cluster. The absolute worst website ever. 
But, I tolerate them every so often, because they give $50 (or more, depending on what day of the month it is) when you subscribe. So, for $20 or less, I can get as much as $120 worth of music, cancel, then they offer more free credits, then, they let you go, then they beg you to come back, and offer as much as $100 worth of music for free, or one month's subscription. But finding decent music is hard, as they no longer use real artists. Just American Idol rejects, I think. lol

Sorry you asked? Hahaha

Posts 4134
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2020 7:38 PM

hahaha interesting!

Sounds on par with those old BMG mailers that promised 12 free cd's if you purchased 2, and then you'd get 4 more. or something like that.

Website sounds terrible!

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 401
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 8:42 PM

abondservant:

hahaha interesting!

Sounds on par with those old BMG mailers that promised 12 free cd's if you purchased 2, and then you'd get 4 more. or something like that.

Website sounds terrible!

website is the worst Ive run across, and hope I dont find one that beats it's record. lol

BMG and Columbia. 
Man, I miss those days. BUT, if they ever bring them back (hey! vinyl is making a comeback-- and I did see DVDs & Book clubs semi-recently)). I had the "perfect" system. 
Order the batch.
NEVER buy 50% off sale. It counts toward zippo.
Only buy multi when it counts for 2. 
DO buy 1 at full over priced rate, get one free, for a penny, etc. It counts, and same as 1/2 price. 
Register your friends; esp if they have another acct with another co. Did that one with a gal from work. I had Columbia, she had BMG, we signed each other up got double duty. PLUS the freebies for the referral. 
Do fulfill the obligation; otherwise that ain't cool. 
Same thing should still work for the Disney DVD club, if it's still going. 
But, yeah, I know how to "steal" legally. lol

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS