Can the next update just to fix the terrible slow speed

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 13
Victor Gutierrez | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 8 2010 1:58 PM

First of all, NICE JOB!!

This is not a complain of the rate and quality of the updates. It seems as if every update brings something interesting and useful. As a side note; I think it would be a great idea if someone there could release a tutorial of using the new features. Since the updates are incremental, it would be a great way to have a nice tutorial for the new users.

My problem is that Logos is getting slower and slower. Alpha 24 was using 1GB of my meory. Everything is VERY slow. 

I know that you cannot keep everybody happy, but I think the responsiveness of Logos is becoming a major problem. My computer runs slower just running Logos than using Lightroom, Photoshop, and Illustrator at the same time. I have started to use the old libronix version to prepare some of my sermons.

Just promise that someone will look into this now or some time before Logos becomes unusable. 

Again, thanks for the great work, and all the neat new features. (ANY feedback will be greatly appreciated)

Posts 225
Kurt Trucksess | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 8 2010 8:51 PM

I am not having the same experience.  About 2 or 3 versions back Logos was running incredibly slow.  It was either in A23 or A24 that things began to speed up significantly.  The most cumbersome resource is my ESV which is packed with highlighting and notes.  It runs slower but is now usable.  Other books without highlight are running instantaneous.

I check my memory usage and Logos is using 440 to 450 megs if I open a lot of books.  It seems strange that yours is taking 1 Gig.  Just a few questions.

• What resources are you opening?
  • How much RAM does your machine have?  I am running 6 Gig but that is overkill.  4 Gig is enough.
  • What is your machine and processor?

Sorry for not being much help.  It is strange that your experience is so different from mine.

Dr. Kurt Trucksess www.christ2Rculture.com
Posts 490
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 9 2010 1:28 PM

I still continue to have the same issues that Victor describes. Logos/4 Mac continues to use more CPU than any other program which slows my entire MBP (2.8 ghz) to a crawl at times, especially if it's running something like the passage guide. It will even "idle high" if it's in the background and I'm not using. So, I generally shut it down if I don't immediately need it, and I don't dare run it if I'm on battery only as it will cut my battery life to about a third of what it normally is. 

But I believe the devs said that they weren't going to optimize the program until later in the development, so I think we just have t live with it right now.

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS