WORDsearch books that will not be migrated to Logos

Page 1 of 4 (65 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 64 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 54
Ricky Daugherty | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 19 2020 11:32 PM

Logos informed me that WORDsearch Libraries and books that were in our WORDsearch libraries which were purchased by Authorized Distributors of WORDsearch CDs which were installed in Our WS12 from the CDs (not the downloadable books) would not be migrated into Logos because their CDs purchase History was not recorded in the WORDsearch Online Store, even though they are recorded on the WORDsearch website, and they are filtering only books on record in that Store into their Library, while excluding all other WORDsearch book purchases.

Previously they migrated my entire WS Library in the Migration Status, then on 10/9/2020 Logos removed all books from All WORDsearch users that were not in their Book Store History from our Migration Status.  Those of us who asked about that, we were told they would not be restoed until we provide purchase receipts for those CD purchases even if those purchases are between 10 to 20 years ago as many of mine are.

I had advised Logos that WORDsearch staff informed me a few years back the following:

There were 3 ways our resources got recorded in our WORDsearch Accounts.

• The first were those STEP books that import directly to their online store, which get recorded that way, because that is the only way to get them converted into WORDsearch Format.
  • The second was our purchases of later version WORDsearch CDs (After STEP books were replaced with the new format) that get recorded when we sign in to our Account through WORDsearch software when it Synchronized ownership with the WORDsearch server, but not recorded in their Book Store history because they were already in WORDsearch format directly from the CDs they were on.
  • And the third way was like the first with any future online purchase from their website that gets recorded in the Online Book Store History. 

Next in that email I wrote to Logos, "Sounds like you are ignoring the second method concerning those purchased CDs which Synchronize Ownership with our accounts because they were not purchased via their online store."

It is not fair to make folks search for receipts as old as 20 years or they loose those resources in Logos.  I am one of those people that keep all records and have been spending hundreds of hours searching for receipts, and so far provided Logos 7 purchase receipts so far, and still looking for many others I have not found, and so far none of those I provided proof of have been restored to my migration status.

That is me, but what about all the other WORDsearch users that can not find their receipts, that is not fair to them.  Especially when the Announcement on the WORDsearch website at https://wordsearchbible.lifeway.com/announcement  says following:

"We understand how challenging a change like this can be, and we’re proud to let you know that as Wordsearch customers, you will retain the content you’ve purchased from Wordsearch over the years, and you can now access almost all of it using Logos, free of charge. "
There is nothing there mentioned about users over the years "Except for" purchases of all those QuickVerse and WORDsearch CD which are in WORDsearch format that do not get recorded in the Online Store History.  So logos is making a liar out of WORDsearch staff, with their "until you provide your receipts" clause, they have added after the fact. I had a lot of WORDsearch CD Purchases from Christian Book Distributors, Institute for Creation Research (ICR) and other distributors as well as some Ministries of both QuickVerse and WORDsearch CDs. In 2014 I received an email from a WORDsearch representative when I was concerned about a house fire where I lost several of my WORDsearch CDs an asked if I would be required to repurchase those CDs again, and he informed me the following: "Please do not worry about those books, because I see the books for all those CDs are currently in your WORDsearch library and their unlocks have been stored on our website when your latest version synchronized the ownership of those books with your account. That means, because they are in your account now and recorded on our website you will have them forever with all future upgrades of our WORDsearch software."

That means "Forever", until Logos took over, and now unless you are able to find each and every receipt, you loose all those resources that were not purchased in directly from the Book Store, or as Logos staff keeps saying, they will be happy to resell you all those resources that were promised to be in our libraries "Forever".

I have only found 7 receipts of CDs so far and fear the others may have been burned up in that fire with those CDs that staff said would still be in my account forever.   I fear now I will lose all those permanently in Logos, as Windows Operation Systems advance and WORDsearch will no longer be upgraded because Logos is supposed to be the new Upgrades in those future OS's replacing WORDsearch.

Why is not Logos informing its WORDsearch Customers what it is doing in this regard and why they are ignoring all those CD purchase through Authorized Distributors of WS software?  Those who know about this had to Call Logos to find out where their books went, because they did not volunteer that information.

What do others think about this?

Posts 31307
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2020 1:01 AM

Ricky Daugherty:
What do others think about this?

I am still missing licenses from libronix 2 ...and I know the CD's are around here somewhere ... I think that technology has been changing so fast that loosing access to music, media, books, etc. is to be expected despite good faith efforts on everyone's part. I remember buying from a craftsman at a folk festival ... he gave a life time guarantee ... then carefully defined "life time" as his working life as a craftsman. I loved the honesty.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2271
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2020 6:22 AM

Respectfully, you’ve answered your own critique.

Ricky Daugherty:
the content you’ve purchased from Wordsearch

you didn’t purchase those CDs FROM WORDSEARCH. 

Ricky Daugherty:
upgrades of our WORDsearch software

Logos 8 is not  “our WORDsearch software“; it is a generous concession made by Faithlife as WORDsearch leaves the industry.

I hope this doesn’t come across as snarky. I have purchased STEP books that migrated into WORDsearch. I’ve purchased resources from other software that has been lost. I’m not happy about this, but it is a consequences of bargain shopping. 

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 9014
LogosEmployee

Ricky Daugherty:
then on 10/9/2020 Logos removed all books from All WORDsearch users that were not in their Book Store History from our Migration Status

This is false.

They were removed from particular accounts when we couldn't verify the licenses backed up to the account. (Hence the request for you to provide receipts.) Most Wordsearch accounts kept their backed-up CD licenses.

Posts 54
Ricky Daugherty | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2020 8:50 AM

To an earlier post:  Most those CD were Manufactured by WORDsearch and Distributed through Authorize WORDsearch Distributors, so yes they Came from WORDsearch, but just not directly from their Website.  About the QuickVerse CD while not WORDsearch at the time, WORDsearch purchased them an took responsibility for those purchases as well, and Later versions of QuickVerse, one of which I am missing, was owned by WORDsearch and all the books from that Library were in WORDsearch format, meaning it was manufactured by WORDsearch under their ownership at the time, before LifeWay purchased WORDsearch, then Logos purchased WORDsearch from LifeWay.

After all, Christian Book Distributors not only sold QuickVerse and WORDsearch CDs, they also sold Logos CDs which I found several of my recepts of those purchases while looking for the WORDsearch receipts, but Logos did not take those Logos CDs away, only WORDsearch CD, which implied a bias against those who did not buy that stuff from Logos, but their competition instead, but in my case I purchase a lot from both in the days when I was working, before being disabled and unable to purchase much these days.  I asked Logos if they were going to remove all my Logos 2 CDs that are in my account for the same reason, and no real answer to that question.  Only what sounded like double talk omitting specifics.

To the later post, why after providing proof of some the receipts found to date are those resources not yet restored to Logos?   And why am I being punished for the rest that I might not be able to still locate?

And what about the others I have read posts elsewhere that purchased a lot of WORDsearch CD in a similar manner as me, why were their books removed?

To me it appeared to be a marketing tactic from Logos, to remove all books NOT in the online purchase history in an attempt to make more money reselling those same books to folks knowing they were losing some of their favorite books and would be most likely willing to repurchase them, since the posts I saw from others said to them provide receipts, or you can go to the following link (To Logos) and purchase those there.  That phrase "purchase from Logos" appeared in all the quotes I read from Logos staff.   It seems like Logos assumed someone like me would not be able to find any receipts from that far back and could get away with that, but I fooled them, so far I have find 7 Receipts and still looking for more, and still nothing has been restored even after proof.   And I am afraid the rest may have been stored in the rooms destroyed by fire that I wrote WORDsearch about back in 2014.

Plus nothing has been said about lack of notification to those who lost those books.  I still have a little over 2 and half thousand left in that migration status from the Book Store History, but the chunk missing from all my CDs that are not there are quite significant.

It was bad enough to have my PC hacked a 4 times and ransomware installed twice, and had to restore that several times from backup, and now it seems like I am being hijacked again by Logos.   So is the Devil out to get me or what?  What other explanation is there if the Devil is not behind all that has happened to me, not to mention all my health problems, and that is just the tip of all my problems, large number of cats dying all in a week, car given to me died, and after expensive repair, still does not run, due to same problem water in #1 Cylinder, live by myself for 30-years, no friends, no job, etc.   I feel like I have been cursed.  And this piled on all the rest.

I read posts from others, after that happened, that said they were so angry about that they are moving to the Accordance Bundle for WORDsearch users that is greatly discounted.  If it were not for the fact that now I am poor, I would probably be going that way also, but can not afford even the payment plan with Accordance right now, since I am currently on a Payment Plan with Logos, which is really more than I can afford right now.

Posts 2271
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2020 9:40 AM

Ricky Daugherty:
It was bad enough to have my PC hacked a 4 times and ransomware installed twice, and had to restore that several times from backup, and now it seems like I am being hijacked again by Logos.   So is the Devil out to get me or what?  What other explanation is there if the Devil is not behind all that has happened to me, not to mention all my health problems, and that is just the tip of all my problems, large number of cats dying all in a week, car given to me died, and after expensive repair, still does not run, due to same problem water in #1 Cylinder, live by myself for 30-years, no friends, no job, etc.   I feel like I have been cursed.  And this piled on all the rest.

It sounds like you are dealing with a lot right now. I pray that you will experience a taste of the Lord's goodness.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 54
Ricky Daugherty | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2020 9:56 AM

Thanks for any and all Prayers.   Did not mean to burden you all with that, just discourage with too much on my plate at the same time, and being alone, there is no one to share my problems with except for me.

You made it sound like WORDsearch was simply given to Logos like a gift.   I was under the impression Logos Purchased WORDsearch, for the reason you inferred above.  If it was a gift, rather than a Purchase, that does change things bit, but not sure how.

Guess I know how Job felt with all that was dumped on him before later understanding the big picture.

Posts 2271
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2020 1:04 PM

Ricky Daugherty:
I was under the impression Logos Purchased WORDsearch,

I am just a pastor in East Central Kansas who has been a user of both programs for many years. I have NO INSIDE KNOWLEDGE of the purchase discussions between Lifeway and Faithlife.

In my mind, I separate 1) the Catalog of resources that WordSearch owned; 2)the Database of Users who owned licenses/unlocks to access specific items in that catalog; and 3) the computer code that permits users (#2) to access certain resources in the Catalog (#1). I believe the code (#3) is being abandoned but Faithlife is working to allow #1 and #2 to legally work with #4 (Logos 8). in that process, Faithlife is "cleaning up" the database (#2) -- by creating a "paper trail" documenting who originally sold the license/unlock and was the publisher paid their royalties at the time.

Ricky, I would share in your frustration if I had been explicitly told by a WORDsearch employee that my unlocks are documented "in the system", but that documentation doesn't indicate HOW you obtained the license/unlock.

I believe Faithlife is just trying to ensure that the unlocks/licenses that you purchased from 3rd party (CBD, ICR, etc.) legally compensated the copyright holders so that publishers can't come back to Faithlife and demand royalties for licenses that users are using with L8 that were never paid when WORDsearch CD's were being sold and resold.

[Faithlife's continued ability to get publishers to work with them depends upon these publishers trusting that Faithlife is doing everything possible to keep the publishers from being cheated out of royalties, and users from being cheated out of access that has been legally purchased.]

This is probably WAY MORE information than you need/want with your current stress level! but I wanted to offer my perspective (it is free so it is only worth what you paid for it Big Smile). I truly do empathize with your overwhelming circumstances and just want to hopefully give you hope that your current frustration with migrating licenses is NOT a deliberate attempt to exploityou in any way.

Posts 4132
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2020 3:21 PM

Ricky Daugherty:

Thanks for any and all Prayers.   Did not mean to burden you all with that, just discourage with too much on my plate at the same time, and being alone, there is no one to share my problems with except for me.

You made it sound like WORDsearch was simply given to Logos like a gift.   I was under the impression Logos Purchased WORDsearch, for the reason you inferred above.  If it was a gift, rather than a Purchase, that does change things bit, but not sure how.

Guess I know how Job felt with all that was dumped on him before later understanding the big picture.

You have my prayers also!

Does wordsearch 12 no longer work on your computer?

EDIT: Faithlife has a solid return policy, if you're unhappy with your payment plan, and what you purchased you could always give the customer service department a call. I believe you have 30 days.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Posts 2756
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2020 5:16 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

They were removed from particular accounts when we couldn't verify the licenses backed up to the account. (Hence the request for you to provide receipts.) Most Wordsearch accounts kept their backed-up CD licenses.

Not a Wordsearch customer BUT if the resource was linked to the Wordsearch customer is that not proof that Wordsearch accepted that the customer had a right to the resource?

I have been a Logos customer since before 2000. But the Logos records seem to only go back to 3/30/2002.  On that date Logos accepted that I had a legal right to what I had.  I have most of the CDs BUT the CDs had locked resources and only the ones you purchased were unlocked.Back then  Logos accepted that the ones that were unlocked on my machine were ones that I had purchased.  

Posts 54
Ricky Daugherty | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2020 5:52 PM

The Full Library is still there in WS12 on my PC.  The full library is still there on www.myWSB.com web app for WORDsearch, it is just a little under half was removed by Logos in the Migration Status.   I admit a large chunk of what was removed, according to a File Compare Utility comparing before and after images, that a lot of what was removed were duplicate entries, which is understanable and the rest were resources that came directly from CDs purchased from Authorized Distributors of WORDsearch software.

Update:

Right before this post I just received my first reply from WORDsearch after sending them proof of 7 CDs I have found so far, and he said there was only one due to the Cryptic Title, he could not identify, but said he added those CDs to my online purchase history.   My receipt listed that as title as "WORDsearch 8 Pentecostal Library CDR" but the actual title was "The Pentecostal Library For WORDsearch 8 Compiled By Stanley M. Horton".     I sent an update with more information about that CD so he can locate it in their store and hopefully get that added as well, but I had a lot more CDs that were lost in that 2014 fire, but are still in my WS12 now, and afraid those other receipts may be with those that were lost in the fire.  Logos previously said I owned all those 5 books, and now the webpage says I have to pay for all 5 again.

I had about 8 1/2 thousand books on Logos, and that dropped to about 6 1/2 thousand books.   You would think loyal customers like me that has invested so much in those libraries over the years before being first unemployed, then disabled, and now almost broke, that they would treat us better than this.   I have been using Logos since Logos 2 and using WORDsearch since WS4 and using QuickVerse since version 3, and using BibleWorks since version 3, and upgraded as far as I could go in each back when I had work and had money.  Of course I have a lot more Bible Software that those, which are the major players.  Now I can not afford to repurchase all the stuff I lost and can barely afford my current Logos payment plan.

I also respect the comment about about Logos being a Good Steward and being responsible for any and all royalties, but I thought those applied at initial purchases, and not continue through out the full life of their use.  If those were first time payments only, they were paid their royalties, but if there is a continued usage fee for the entire life, then such concern would be justified.  But if my part of the royalties was paid when I initially purchased those resources, is it right to take their access away from us after the fact.

Posts 17
Drew Holland | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 20 2020 5:58 PM

I do not know if this would apply to your situation but I had 2 licenses that did not transition over. There is a note posted somewhere in here that I needed to do a backup to the cloud in Wordsearch (Options - Backup - Select All - Save To Cloud) and in a few weeks the licenses appeared in my Logos account. It is easy to do and might be worth a try.

Posts 4832
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 22 2020 8:10 PM

Ricky, I have no special information or relevant wisdom, but your situation will be in my prayers.

“I want you to know how the people should behave in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.” - 1 Timothy 3:15 (EOB:NT).

Posts 54
Ricky Daugherty | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2020 2:24 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

posted to Re: Wordsearch Deluxe equals Logos Basic? in the Wordsearch Bible Software forum

Ricky Daugherty:

But this is NOT the first time (or I should say NOT the only time) I saw Logos take away resources we previously had in WORDsearch, and they failed to provide notice of items they took away.

Can you provide some specific examples of when this happened? AFAIK we haven't taken away resources from Wordsearch owners, so there hasn't been a need to provide advance notice.

But that post above has been since deleted so I could not point him to this thread.   Maybe Bradley later remembered his post above saying books were taking from some users but not all and deleted the post having answered his own question.

My post said "they failed to provide notice of items they took away." and this thread was the first time any Logos staff had said anything about them not taking certain resources from all, but only some folks.

I have provided several receipts to Logos so far for WORDsearch CDs they took from me and only 2 were restored, and now I feel like I have been been Blacklisted on the rest of those receipts which I have sent to Logos more than once, and they still fail to honor their word to restore any more WORDsearch CDs they took from my migration status without any notice and without any explanation why, especially after I proved I purchased several of those and still not found all the rest of the WORDsearch CDs purchase receipts, but still looking as my health will permit.  Logos no longer replys to those emails.

Sounds like discrimination if Logos did not make all their users provide original purchase receipts, but only some of us, and when we do provide proof of purchase, those items are still not restored to the migration status.

Not a very honest or professional response from Logos.   I had recently reported to the Bob Pritchett <bob@faithlife.com> that Logos has been getting away with inflated discounts during certain sales that were far greater then actual discounts and had been saving documentation of such.   After the latest Cyber Monday Sale I had sent Logos an email concerning a "Pending Class Action Lawsuit and Notice to the FTC of false advertising" which Bob personally replied to and with a promise from Bob that they would correct those to be more accurate.  I had pointed out if they at least had an astrick next to those discounts and a footnote saying those were discounts from the actual list price, it might satisfy the law concerning false advertising because it was deceptive even if factually correct.   I again seen the same inflated (deceptive) discounts for the Christmas Sale advertising as much as 82% off when it was actually 15% off.    Bob replied their staff were tasked to correct those but had not yet finished those.   Someone told me those inflated discounts were since corrected, but not confirmed that myself.   My point is Logos has a history of not being quite up front with its customers, and this failure to honor their word and restore WORDsearch resources even after receiving the proof, does very little to convince me they can now be trusted.

That said, Logos and Faithlife does have some great software and great staff, but since Bob Pritchett posted here long ago, that Logos was NOT a Christian Company, but was a business that served Christians, and as many have experienced even employs many Christians, it is not surprising that Christian Principles are not applied here because Bob said this is NOT a Christian Company, even if many working there are indeed Christian.   Names like Faithlife, make it sound like Logos was a Christian Company, but it seems that Faithlife is only there to support Christians with tools they use in their Christian Faith.   I would be nice if the name Faithlife actually implied they were a Christian Company and governed by Christian Principles which would as the scriptures say, 1Th 5:22  "Abstain from all appearance of evil."

Probably said too much, but wanted to state the facts about this thread to date.   So have I been blacklisted so that Logos refuses to honor those proofs of purchase I sent them more than once?

Posts 54
Ricky Daugherty | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 14 2020 2:44 PM

David Thomas:

Respectfully, you’ve answered your own critique.

Ricky Daugherty:
the content you’ve purchased from Wordsearch

you didn’t purchase those CDs FROM WORDSEARCH. 

For the record, I purchased many Logos 2 and Logos 3 products from Authorized distrubutors of Logos products and they were considered as having came from Logos, because that was how that licensing worked, because Logos produced those products.

The same was true for those WORDsearch CDs which were produced by WORDsearch and sold by authorized WORDsearch distributors.   All those CD licenses are still recognized and working in WORDsearch, but not in the Logos migration status, so your argument fails in its own merit.  If sold by an authorized distributor of WORDsearch, it is the same as if it came from WORDsearch.

I did not say I purchased those from pawnshops or yard sales, but new from Authorized Distributrors of WORDsearch.  So I respectfully disagree.

Posts 558
Bobby Terhune | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2020 12:38 PM

Ricky,

You cast so many aspersions against logos, its seems like bitterness about Lifeway selling to Logos is  consuming your life. I would call Lifeway and have them help you prove to Faithlife what information they need. Slandering Faithlife with "it seems like" or "Not very honest" or "Christian principles not applied" is wrong. As Christians we should be giving them the benefit of a doubt, until proven otherwise. Assuming, Evil non Christian motives to them is just plain wrong.

I don't know what books are missing still in your library, but in over 20 years of dealing with Logos, I have always been impressed with how they go out of there way to make customers happy. 

Unfortunately Faithlife has encountered too many people who want to cheat the system, and buy on Ebay disks that have already been used, and now want to reregister them. its happened to old Logos disks and I'm sure old Quickverse & Wordsearch disks as well.

I'm sure Faithlife will do right by you, give them time to sort out everything. In the meantime you are out nothing since you can still access everything you paid for in Wordsearch, which should still operate for a good number of years yet to come.

Posts 345
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2020 2:08 PM

I will say "Amen" to what Bobby Terhune said!

Logos has proved to me that they try to do what is right... I was not optimistic when the announcement of WS and Logos came. But they have won me over. 

They are a great company. Not perfect, but still a great company. Give them a chance.... you'll see.... 

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 54
Ricky Daugherty | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 16 2020 4:54 PM

Ok, then how many months do they need to honor their word and restore resources they already have proof of, and why do I have to provide proof for the other CDs I am still looking for their receipts assuming they were not destroyed in that fire that took out two rooms.   And why are others not being required to provide their receipts.   Something is clearly wrong, regardless of what you all say.  I suppose The Apostles Paul and Peter were also not acting Christian when they exposed wrongs done, or are some of you folks that disregard Paul and Peter as not being Cannon because they exposed errors of others.   I do know there are some who claim to be Christian who do not believe Paul spoke for God because of some of the things he wrote.  Hope the above posters are not some of those folks.

That said, yes Logos is a great product, and yes they do have some wonderful people working there, but the company has values different than some of their Christian employees have.  Their CEO stated that on this forum long ago.  To the Christians working at Logos, these comments are not directed at them, only the way the company has been completely ignoring me and has treated me so far.    Have I been blacklisted?   They will not even answer that, and is that the company you guys are defending?   They may have done great to you, but how about how they did many other WORDsearch users like they did to me.  I have been buying WORDsearch books since their earlier versions and had a lot invested that was all dropped without proof, then after actually providing proof for several CDs Logos has yet to honor their word.  You would not believe some of the things I read on other forums about what Logos did and said to them.  But none of us were contacted by Logos, we had to discover it our self without any due process notice.   Most those guys left Logos for other software, but I have been with Logos since Logos 2 and have a lot invested in them.  Hoping they will clean up their act, because too many good people still depend on them  and are counting on them to do the right thing.   I hear words of confidence from others above, but when are they going to fix things like you believe they will and why do they refuse to communicate their intentions to make it right like you believe they will.  I am sorry but I see no evidence of such confidence--yet.

On a separate note, when I said above that this was not the first time Logos took stuff from us, and the reply was when?  A much earlier case was my Logos User Created Time Lines and some other resources they took from us Logos Users.   The CEO personally told me it was because their feedback determined there were not enough users using those tools so they were abandoned, so the only way I can still use my many User Created Timelines is to use the older Logos software that will still use those resources.  There were also a large number of videos that were also abandoned that were included with the older versions, which do not work in the current version of Logos.  So my statement was true, this is not the first time we lost stuff we previously had.

Posts I read from other WORDsearch users were difficult to read.   Could not believe what some Logos staff had told them on the phone, but the most common statement was find your receipts, but we will be glad to SELL you those resources.   Sell them resources they previously purchased just because it was too long ago to find those receipts.   Sounds like the Love of Money is the root of all evil, just like with those inflated Cyber Monday and Christmas discounts of 82% which was actually only 15% with no explanation how they computed those highest discounts which tricked customers to think they were getting a greater deal than they actually did.   Read a recent Blog Quote about the CEO which said, "Less controversially, Pritchett stresses the importance of cash in his book," and says, "Stresses the Importance of Replaceable Employees" (See: https://moneyinc.com/10-things-you-didnt-know-about-faithlife-ceo-bob-pritchett/ ).   Strange what the love of money will do.   I do want to see the Good Will you all have confidence in, but I have seen the other side which makes a Christian Cringe when they see and hear it all.

Posts 5160
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2020 7:07 AM

Greeting Ricky

It seems to me that you are playing fast and loose with the English language in explaining your situation.

As far as I know, no Wordsearch User has had anything removed from Wordsearch they still have all they had access to through that program. What has happened is that some of those resources have not been transferred to their Logos Accounts.

That being true, and please put me right if it is not so, nobody has lost anything. Some people may have gained more than others. It sort of reminds me of some workers in a vineyard I read about somewhere.

I occasionally have to switch between browsers to access various sites.

I sometimes switch between word processors and databases to access different facilities.

None of my banking apps appear to work in harmony.

What is so hard about running Logos and Wordsearch side by side and using each as the situation demands?

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 345
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2020 7:33 AM

When I was with WS... I too bought cd's, but I got with WS support and put all that into WS. So far, in Logos.... my transition list shows that everything I had in WS will be transitioned into Logos... but it won't happen in one day!

I know there were a lot of WS users and each user most likely had some peculiarity about them and their library, etc.  But as for me, I am happy with what Logos has done with the transition so far. What has not transitioned so far I can still use in WS and do (i.e. Thompson's Chain Reference, etc.).

But you gotta give Logos kudos for trying to satisfy all us WS users and in a very reasonable time way. I'm happy already and when all my library is transitioned... maybe I'll learn by then how to use all that in Logos... It's a learning curve for sure... but maybe then I'll be ecstatic? 

I see a lot of frustration with having to learn Logos and not having all one's library in Logos. It's like learning a new program and trying to do what you use to do and not having your old comfortable books to do it with. I get that.

Remember.... it's whole new way of working... learn Logos... and when all the books are transitioned... then you'll have almost all if not all of your WS library and be ready to use them with a more powerful tool. Until then, use WS when you get hung up in Logos... WS still works for now...

xn = Christan  man=man

Page 1 of 4 (65 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS