Logos 9 discounts?

Page 7 of 7 (130 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7
This post has 129 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 296
JC54 | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 4:34 AM

About pricing. I just got my connect freebies (and chose freebies that were part of BP's I wanted). In this case all levels of Anglican.

My find:

Starter 1,45 dollar cheaper

Bronze 1,33 dollar cheaper

Silver 2,64 dollar cheaper.

All higher levels I haven't double checked, but I believe all bigger differences

Which leads me to something I have thought already during L8. That bronze packages are generally the most cost efficient. In this case at least, they would have been most cheap with Bronze.

Posts 693
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 5:02 AM

A quick scan of this thread reminds me of why I have cut back.... While I did upgrade to L9 Silver Reformed - primarily for the Feature Set - the purchase gymnastics that many have had to go through to get the best prices for their upgrades is ridiculous.

Like others have stated, the advertised minimum 15% is not factual as most upgrade options I had were 14% and none were over 15% - Sales was no help and stated that the web had the best prices available - which based on some comments here, is only true if you did the purchase gymnastics to find it yourself....

It would be refreshing if the best price were just readily available and in the examples of purchasing multiple packages, the dynamic pricing could auto update in the cart to show what it would cost, rather than having to buy one at a time in steps...

All in all, while not the best price, I did grab the Features. I would have been better at the Traditional 25%, but at the 14% - I wasn't going to waste more of my time with Sales over 1%.

If I didn't have 20+ years invested in Logos, rather than upgrading - I'd likely have switched to another option. Each release seems to reveal more oddities in the Dynamic Pricing

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 6:43 AM

Frank Sauer:
Each release seems to reveal more oddities in the Dynamic Pricing

The introductory discount might visually be a rounding error that makes it appear to be 14% rather than 15%. But it should be unrelated to dynamic pricing. You’re meant to get 15% off whether you own none or some of the package.

Frank Sauer:
Like others have stated, the advertised minimum 15% is not factual as most upgrade options I had were 14% and none were over 15%

Would you post a screenshot please showing where the percentage is shown or determined?

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 9:31 AM

PetahChristian:

Frank Sauer:
Like others have stated, the advertised minimum 15% is not factual as most upgrade options I had were 14% and none were over 15%

Would you post a screenshot please showing where the percentage is shown or determined?

I listed all the packages in my lineup that showed "19%" (essentially 14% plus my 5% for Connect membership).  ALL of them. Curious if they overlap yours, Frank.  Incidentally, I'm not sure anybody from Logos ever looked in to it, although Kaleb had asked about it.  

That said, I think the problem is NOT that they were not discounted properly, it seems that its the "19%" that is incorrect.  When I did the math on three packages showing "19%", I determined that in actuality, my discount shown WAS 20%, and not 19%. Even though it said "19%."  

Logos would do well to weigh in on this, still, but it seems that we are being discounted the correct amount.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 9:38 AM

Friedrich:
When I did the math on three packages showing "19%", I determined that in actuality, my discount shown WAS 20%, and not 19%. Even though it said "19%."

Where is it showing 19%? Can you post a screenshot, please?

Posts 5033
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 3 2020 1:32 PM

JC54:
Which leads me to something I have thought already during L8. That bronze packages are generally the most cost efficient. In this case at least, they would have been most cheap with Bronze.

My own research is Bronze->Starter->Silver->Gold, within the same product line.

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2020 8:44 AM

SineNomine:

JC54:

My own research is Bronze->Starter->Silver->Gold, within the same product line.

there was no specificly identifiable order in mine. In some denom packages, it might be Starter/Gold/Platinum, in others, Bronze, Diamond. Sometimes they skip the next level or two, sometimes they are in succession.

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2020 8:46 AM

PetahChristian:

Friedrich:
When I did the math on three packages showing "19%", I determined that in actuality, my discount shown WAS 20%, and not 19%. Even though it said "19%."

Where is it showing 19%? Can you post a screenshot, please?

you have none?  if so, that's weird. I had a few dozen, maybe

here's one:

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 4 2020 9:08 AM

Interesting. It's probably a rounding error, since the actual discount does work out to be 20%, as you said.

Standard Gold shows a completely different percentage (94%) making me wonder why certain packages only show the Connect subscriber discount, while others show the dynamic discount in addition to the Connect subscriber discount.

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 6 2020 7:30 AM

PetahChristian:

Interesting. It's probably a rounding error, since the actual discount does work out to be 20%, as you said.

Standard Gold shows a completely different percentage (94%) making me wonder why certain packages only show the Connect subscriber discount, while others show the dynamic discount in addition to the Connect subscriber discount.

Right, I noticed that as well. It would seem it would just take a staffer going thru each one to make sure the display was consistent across the board.

Page 7 of 7 (130 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 | RSS