Which new Wordsearch resources would you like to see first?

Page 20 of 20 (388 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20
This post has 387 Replies | 55 Followers

Posts 10
Brad Bryant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2020 8:42 AM

Agree!

Posts 1
Ira Mozee | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 20 2020 3:34 PM

Ron Mattoon Series 

Posts 599
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 28 2020 4:47 PM

I have quite a number of books to be migrated from Wordsearch to Logos.  Do you have any idea when they will all come over?  Thanks

Posts 925
LogosEmployee
Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2021 11:49 AM

Michael Kinch:

I have quite a number of books to be migrated from Wordsearch to Logos.  Do you have any idea when they will all come over?  Thanks

Hi Michael,

We are still working hard to get them delivered. As you may imagine, it's quite a complicated process (much more so than we expected!).

The good news is that about 90% of the books we didn't previously have in Logos are now available in some form (whether ebook, Reader Edition, or Research Edition). Of the remaining books, we are continuing to prioritize the books that are most requested in this forum post. 

We're working to get an updated timeline put together so that you can have a better sense of what is coming and when you can expect to see them.

Thanks!

Director, Bible Study Products Department

Posts 599
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 4 2021 1:53 PM

Ben Amundgaard (Faithlife):

Hi Michael,

We are still working hard to get them delivered. As you may imagine, it's quite a complicated process (much more so than we expected!).

The good news is that about 90% of the books we didn't previously have in Logos are now available in some form (whether ebook, Reader Edition, or Research Edition). Of the remaining books, we are continuing to prioritize the books that are most requested in this forum post. 

We're working to get an updated timeline put together so that you can have a better sense of what is coming and when you can expect to see them.

Thanks!

Thanks Ben.  Yes I am sure it was a huge undertaking.  Thank you for the update.

Posts 12
Nicholas Nelson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2021 7:48 PM

Logos has added the Wordsearch "Strong's Talking Hebrew Greek Dictionary" to my Logos library. But you know what is funny? It does not talk, which obviously was one of it's unique features.

You did not leave Strong's program but just clicked on a little sound icon next to the Greek or Hebrew word and it would pronounce it for you. Also the "Strong's Talking Dictionary was hot linked directly to Vines Greek / Hebrew words and the "Theological Dictionary of New and Old Testament words. This feature would leave Strong's open and open a new tab Window in the other two dictionaries. Any chance we will get the sound files back in the Strong's Talking Dictionary? And maybe some of the other functions?

I know it is a great undertaking but the commentary, interlinear, original language dictionaries all found in one set called the "Complete Biblical Library" was with out a peer when it came to its interlinear and dictionaries, which are not based on Strong's numbering system. The dictionaries not only gave an historical usage of the words being defined but also a complete Englishmen's search for every word. Plus it gave the different forms of the Hebrew or Greek word being defined. All in one click of the mouse and there it was right in front of you. This is my number one choice for expediting the transition to Logos.

Posts 43
skypeace | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2021 10:36 PM

Indeed this resource was fantastic in WordSearch, but I have not really thought it would ever be transitioned to Logos as it is too complicated a process.  The two programs have different magnitudes of operation as WordSearch was more the blue collar get it done kind of ministry program whereas Logos has always seemed to be the more academic reflective sort of program.  

One is great for the lecture hall church, the other for the upper room Bible study. I will be surprised if we get the Talking to work in this decade. Shalom 

Posts 23956
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2021 10:41 PM

Nicholas Nelson:
You did not leave Strong's program but just clicked on a little sound icon next to the Greek or Hebrew word and it would pronounce it for you. Also the "Strong's Talking Dictionary was hot linked directly to Vines Greek / Hebrew words and the "Theological Dictionary of New and Old Testament words. This feature would leave Strong's open and open a new tab Window in the other two dictionaries. Any chance we will get the sound files back in the Strong's Talking Dictionary? And maybe some of the other functions?

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/196897.aspx has a bit of context on this

Page 20 of 20 (388 items) « First ... < Previous 16 17 18 19 20 | RSS