Disappointed in Proclaim 3 virtual screen feature.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Nathan Haynes | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Oct 26 2020 5:48 PM

I would like to be able to more adequately control the output of a virtual screen similar to how you would do any service item.  For example if I have a bible verse I would like to be able to display it on the main screen but on the virtual screen that I send to OBS I would like to be able to use a lower thirds template and overlay that on top of the video.  Unfortunately the way the virtual screens was implemented is almost completely useless for live streaming.  I am better off continuing to use the confidence slides for my live stream as at least they have a really terrible template editor and can be different looking than the main output.  

PLEASE go back and think about how this feature would be used.  This needs to be an editable template type feature where you can create a completely custom output using elements from the main slide but with it's own look.  

Ideally I would like to be able to apply a lower thirds type template to my live stream bible verses but have it full screen on our projector screen so the old people can read it.

Posts 723
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 9:58 AM

Hi, Nathan, sorry for the disappointment. What you describe has been on our radar since the beginning, however it takes longer to implement than what we have released thus far. 

I already added a entry for this here: https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/faithlife-proclaim/posts/512

Feel free to leave additional feedback there if you have some more specific needs.

Nathan Haynes :
as at least they have a really terrible template editor and can be different looking than the main output.  

Oh, what is terrible about our Confidence editor? I haven't heard much negative feedback yet?

Nathan Haynes :
Ideally I would like to be able to apply a lower thirds type template to my live stream bible verses but have it full screen on our projector screen so the old people can read it.

This sounds great!

We imagined the usefulness of our current solution as follows: Modifying songs to 2-3 lines, use foreground only for your live stream. In your software/switcher, move the lyrics down to your desired location.

Videos, OBS, etc, use the duplicate option for your stream, show these in their regular position. Use blank for things that don't need to be on the stream.

For sermons, use duplicate, and a picture-n-picture style layout, or bring the slide up fullscreen while he talks about it and then take it away.

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 6
Nathan Haynes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2020 10:50 AM

Jordan Sjodin:

Oh, what is terrible about our Confidence editor? I haven't heard much negative feedback yet?

The main issue I have with it is the inability to do any advanced editing like you can with templates for the main output.  It tends to do weird things like push things off the screen for no reason and the size it makes text makes little sense to me.

Jordan Sjodin:

Videos, OBS, etc, use the duplicate option for your stream, show these in their regular position. Use blank for things that don't need to be on the stream.

For sermons, use duplicate, and a picture-n-picture style layout, or bring the slide up fullscreen while he talks about it and then take it away.

This is what I do currently using the confidence slides output because I have no other option in Proclaim:

https://imgur.com/Vwo89T9

This is the closest I can get to what I want my live stream to look like.  The virtual screen feature will only basically let me do the verse full screen (which I do not want) or only display the book, chapter, and verse that I am displaying on the main projector screen (which again makes no sense to me at all).  

Posts 69
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2020 10:08 AM

I want to second this. To me, being able to simply apply a different smart media template to the virtual display would take this from "cool idea" to "killer feature." 

Resizing the "foreground only" template requires switching scenes in OBS when I need the "duplicate" feature for something else and is just generally clunky. 

Posts 1
David White | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 5 2021 8:09 AM

Absolutely agree with you on this, Justin.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS