Textual Criticism Oriented Suggestions for Logos 4 Features

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 912
David Knoll | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jul 10 2010 2:07 PM

1) Under Septuagint Translation in Word Study enable customization of the order in which equivalents are ordered. At the moment they are ordered by frequency but  one often wants to locate a certain Hebrew equivalent. I suggest therefore that the user be given the option to choose between frequency, Hebrew Lemma or OT Books.

2) Add Greek morphology and Lemma to the bottom strip (Interlinear) of the Septuagint.

3) Create an Option to Search for Equivalents:

a) User supplies a Greek Lemma and receives a list of Hebrew equivalents (note suggestion. 1). This is equivalent to Hatch-Redpath

b) User supplies a Hebrew word and receives Greek equivalents (note suggestion. 1) This is equivalent to Dos Santos' concordance.

c) User supplies a specific morphological form of (a) of (b) or of (d) i.e. יד pl construct etc.

d)  User Supplies a Hebrew lemma and a Greek lemma and receives a list of all locations where the Greek lemma is used to translate the Hebrew lemma

4)  In Tov Parallel alignment allow searches as described in 3 and most important create a  search for Tov's phenomena. (Transposition, Word Division etc.)

5) In Logos 3 one was able to hover on the bibliographic notes at the end of a definition in LEH and get the full bibliographic details of that item. This does not work in 4. (At least on my installation) 

6) In BHS/Wivu allow a search similar to (1) but according to a Hebrew lemma (like b)

PS You can see examples of 3 & 4 in other bible software. 

Posts 31900
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 10 2010 2:10 PM

Yes

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 10 2010 2:15 PM

me too Yes

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 10 2010 2:39 PM

Yes

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS