Sermon Builder

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 2205
Mark | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Oct 29 2020 6:19 AM

Is it possible to import an already made sermon from docx to the sermon builder?

Posts 8481
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 6:57 AM

I copy and paste mine, but I don’t know if there’s a way to import them.

DAL

Posts 2173
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 7:00 AM

Phil, said in another post that is an idea they have thought about, but you can go and vote for it.

Posts 2205
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 7:14 AM

I suppose we all have our own styles in sermon note preparation.  I have been creating personal books out of my sermons so I can preach from my tablet pc in Logos.  I am trying to warm up to the sermon note preparation, but that is not an easy thing to do when you have used a style that works well for years.

Posts 2511
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 9:25 AM

Mark:
I suppose we all have our own styles in sermon note preparation. 

Here is my workflow:

1. write sermon in WORD (left third)

2. Copy/Paste into Sermon Builder (top middle)

3. Export to PROCLAIM (bottom middle)

4. Copy Thumbnails from PROCLAIM into WORD (bottom middle to left third)

5. Save from WORD as a PDF (right third)

6. Email PDF to my Kindle account for preaching from my Kindle FIRE Tablet. (right third)

7. Print & archive from WORD into sermon binders. (left third)

8. Sermon Doc (top middle) becomes part of my Logos ecosystem for later searches.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 9539
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 9:33 AM

David Thomas:
Here is my workflow:

PHEW! You're making me tired just going through all those steps! ;)

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2205
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 9:43 AM

David Thomas

Very helpful.  But what if I don't have proclaim?

Also, I did a small test of importing word into sermon builder, but when I hover over verses, nothing happens.  When I hover over verses in a sermon made from a personal book, I can read it quickly.

Posts 25339
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 9:54 AM

Mark:
Very helpful.  But what if I don't have proclaim?

The Sermon Builder supports exporting to PowerPoint - but I don't know if this will provide the functionality David is describing

Mark:
Also, I did a small test of importing word into sermon builder, but when I hover over verses, nothing happens

I've just tried and the hover works just fine

Please provide a few more details - ideally with screenshots

Posts 2511
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 10:37 AM

Graham Criddle:
if this will provide the functionality David is describing

I end up doing significant editing in Proclaim from the slide that exports (e.g. combining multiple slides into one with bullet points that unveil one at a time). If one exports to PowerPoint be sure to use the "editable text" button.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 2511
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 29 2020 10:40 AM

Mark Smith:
PHEW! You're making me tired

I question myself if I am doing the "busy work" that L9 is trying to eliminate Big Smile fortunately, each step is usually only a few key/mouse clicks.

I find that the confidence I am able to have from redundancy actually makes me more relaxed come Sunday Morning so I can listen more to the Holy Spirit's prompting during delivery.  But that is just my personality type

Posts 2
William Fox | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2020 10:37 AM

I vote for the ability to import Word documents directly into Sermon Builder.

Posts 530
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2020 1:05 PM

William Fox:

I vote for the same thing... This way the Scripture references will actually link in SB.  Yep! that's my vote for what it's worth.

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 1295
Kiyah | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 9 2020 3:03 PM

David Thomas:

5. Save from WORD as a PDF (right third)

6. Email PDF to my Kindle account for preaching from my Kindle FIRE Tablet. (right third)

Doesn't it automatically save to OneDrive? You can view documents with the OneDrive app on your Kindle Fire. You can't edit it but you can at least view it. 

Posts 2205
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 10 2020 6:09 AM

xnman:

William Fox:

I vote for the same thing... This way the Scripture references will actually link in SB.  Yep! that's my vote for what it's worth.

If this were possible, I think I would be won over.  I have my own style of note for preaching and I prefer my fonts, my spacing, my bullets and headers to what I have so far seen in Sermon Builder. If I can keep what I produce in Word so that it looks the same in Sermon Builder, I think I would be won over.

Posts 1
David Brock | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 17 2020 4:39 PM

This is exactly where I am. I've just spent the last couple hours trying to figure out how to duplicate my format in Word and to make it an easier process, but it doesn't appear yet to be at that level. I'm a traditional outline organizer and that isn't even possible to do if you use the headings. 

I vote for the Word import and to be able to place multiple subpoints on one slide. 

Posts 530
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2020 8:35 AM

The problem here is.... some people (raises hand high) .... don't use clouds.  If you've ever been hacked (raises hand again) then you'll be more careful.  Years ago I would have never thought Facebook would be doing the things they are doing now.... and so with any cloud.

There used to be a saying... A secret is only a secret if one person knows it. It two know it, it's no longer a secret.   Sound good to me!  Whisper

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 5557
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2020 9:21 AM

xnman:
The problem here is.... some people (raises hand high) .... don't use clouds.

Surely if somebody breaks into your cloud storage, and steals your sermon, one puts it down to missionary work on ones time sheet?

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 530
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2020 10:48 AM

Mike Binks:

xnman:
The problem here is.... some people (raises hand high) .... don't use clouds.

Surely if somebody breaks into your cloud storage, and steals your sermon, one puts it down to missionary work on ones time sheet?

LOL .... excellent point Mike Binks.... shows to go you, someone's always thinking!

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 33772
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2020 3:33 PM

xnman:
The problem here is.... some people (raises hand high) .... don't use clouds.  If you've ever been hacked (raises hand again) then you'll be more careful.

I've been hacked ... I use clouds. If you don't use cloud, then unfortunately Logos is not the product for you. My basic principle for avoiding being hacked -- keep the problem uninteresting, hackers need the entertainment value 'cuz from me the financial incentives aren't worth the effort.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2205
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2020 4:31 PM

xnman:
The problem here is.... some people (raises hand high) .... don't use clouds.  If you've ever been hacked (raises hand again) then you'll be more careful.

I reiterate.  If I can write my sermons in Word and then import them into sermon builder, and it keeps my format...then I can be sold on this product.  If the cloud does not work...I still have an offline copy not only on my computer, but also in Logos.  This is why PB has worked so well for me.  As computers get smaller, the full Logos programs works on the tablet computer I take to the podium and I can preach from a sermon I published as a PB.  If Sermon Builder can do similar, it will work even better with more options.  But I do not rely on the cloud.  Thankful for it, but do not rely on it, especially when I am in areas where there is no internet access or cellular services available.

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS