SUGGESTION: Driver option for linking resources

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4
Keith McCullough | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Oct 30 2020 4:23 AM

The linking in resources is nice but as a WordSearch refugee there is an enhancement I would like to see.  Currently when resources are linked, change scripture in any screen and they all change.  It would be nice to have a driver option where the linked resources only change when the resource marked as driver changes.  for example,

Resource 1 linked with A, tagged as the driver

Resource 2 linked with A

Resource 3 linked with A

Move to Rom 12:1 within resources 1 and resources 2 and 3 follow.

Move to John 1:1 in resource 2...only resource two changes

Move to 1 Corinthians 1.1 in resource 3...only resource three changes

Posts 1613
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 4:47 AM

Yes

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 24248
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 4:57 AM

Keith McCullough:
Currently when resources are linked, change scripture in any screen and they all change.  It would be nice to have a driver option where the linked resources only change when the resource marked as driver changes.

This is how the Multiple Resource View feature works - https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016304832-Multiple-Resource-View 

It's worth checking out if you haven't come across it yet

Posts 177
cshover8669 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 5:53 AM

Graham Criddle:

Keith McCullough:
Currently when resources are linked, change scripture in any screen and they all change.  It would be nice to have a driver option where the linked resources only change when the resource marked as driver changes.

This is how the Multiple Resource View feature works - https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016304832-Multiple-Resource-View 

It's worth checking out if you haven't come across it yet

Keith, why don't you add request in the feedback forum. I would certainly vote for it.

Graham, you are right the multiple Resource View works like that, but it is limiting and slow. I would prefer to have as many resources as I needed tied the way Keith has suggested in the various tabs and panes in my layout. I experimented with how many resources I could put in multiple view, and more than 4 and it is not readable on my screen any longer. Besides Instant Verse Study, that was one of my favorite features in in WS.

Thanks, Carla

Posts 4832
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 11:19 AM

cshover8669:
Keith, why don't you add request in the feedback forum. I would certainly vote for it.

Looks like it's been made: https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app/posts/887

“I want you to know how the people should behave in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.” - 1 Timothy 3:15 (EOB:NT).

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 11:56 AM

Keith McCullough:
The linking in resources is nice but as a WordSearch refugee there is an enhancement I would like to see. 

Just to be realistic, Logosians have asked for this going on 20 years (that I know of). It's rather obvious in Bible study, when your commentaries are yanking your Bible all around, like in the middle of Elisha's wind-storm (Elijah?).

They invested a ton of money in Multiview (Graham, above). Works pretty nice ... you can have several going.  Not as good as WS, of course. But voting and hoping are not good correlates.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 4832
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 5:58 PM

Denise:
But voting and hoping are not good correlates.

Well, we voted in Dark Mode.

“I want you to know how the people should behave in the house of God, which is the Church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.” - 1 Timothy 3:15 (EOB:NT).

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 6:04 PM

SineNomine:

Something that obvious and had to beg 15 years? Smiling.  I notice their reply listed all the pieces that had to be touched ... indicating the early design never considered it (I guess). Their baby.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 4832
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 30 2020 6:23 PM

Denise:

SineNomine:

Something that obvious and had to beg 15 years? Smiling.

I don't know that I voted for it before this year, so... Stick out tongue

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS