Yay or not yet

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2704
mab | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 6 2020 6:46 PM

This is kind of close to reality. I don't expect an instant approval but has anyone tried this yet

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/macos-release-notes/macos-big-sur-11_0_1-release-notes

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 5232
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2020 4:45 AM

mab:

This is kind of close to reality. I don't expect an instant approval but has anyone tried this yet

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/macos-release-notes/macos-big-sur-11_0_1-release-notes

If you are asking if anyone is running Big Sur with Logos? The answer is yes - it seems quite stable at the moment but who knows what RC 2 will bring.

tootle pip

Mike

How to get logs and post them. (now tagging post-apocalyptic fiction as current affairs)

Posts 2704
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 7 2020 10:26 AM

Thanks Mike. I was just wondering if this was looking viable before FL declares it so. I am sure at least someone at FL has been tasked with making sure Logos users won't be put on hold once the OS hits formal release. They have always been good about this.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 453
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2020 4:04 AM

I've been running only Big Sur for a couple of months or so, and Logos is solid; Proclaim is fine, too.

My only issue is that it doesn't seem to want to dismount external drives, but that's not a Logos issue. Dark Mode in Logos is a mess, but that's not a Big Sur issue; there are just too many unique situations in Logos (highlights are designed for "light" mode; some graphics become unreadable) for Dark Mode to work, in my opinion. I'd like to see individual control over the background of Logos panels. 

Posts 2704
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2020 9:06 AM

Thank you Gregory. I think now that between Rosetta and FL diligence, we just get out the popcorn. Stable is most of what we need to be confident in when the OS rolls out.

Posts 453
Gregory Lawhorn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 8 2020 7:26 PM

I agree. I am a preaching pastor, and Logos is my primary tool. It's open at least six days a week, and quite often seven, and so I just can't afford to lose that tool because of beta system software. Yes, I could use the web app, but that's like 6'1" me borrowing my 5'8" dad's golf clubs. It's possible in theory, but it's going to hurt a lot. I usually install a Mac OS beta on an external drive and do a Logos install on that drive to test fairly early on, and keep checking from time to time as the beta updates. I think I finally installed Big Sur the first of September, and only because I was able to work without any issues from my external drives. I do have to remember to check Proclaim, which is what held me back this time; it was seriously non-functional for quite a while. 

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS