Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5
Michael Moore | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 13 2020 7:44 AM

I am sure there is a simple answer for this, but I have not found it yet. In Wordsearch you could create a document and it would save in the document list as an HTML file. They could be saved as a part of your layout. I have a number of those documents that I refer to often. Is there a way or a place to copy those into Logos so that they are easily accessible?  Logos has a very robust document feature, but I am not finding a way to have a simple document with multiple things saved within it. Thanks for the help in advance.

Michael Moore

Posts 102
The Flanary's | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 13 2020 11:05 AM

This is their reply from the Wordsearch Transition page:

"When will my notes, highlights, and other documents be available in Logos?

We know how important the work you’ve invested has been. Safely transferring all of your notes, highlights, documents, and other material into Logos is one of our top priorities. Doing this with care will take time, and so we anticipate completing this work by early 2021."

https://www.logos.com/wordsearch-faq?utm_source=constantcontactmailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=promo-ws-2020&utm_content=lifewayletter

Posts 5
Michael Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2020 8:37 AM

So given that , until then, how can I copy a document into some generic category in LOGOS so that I can use it now?

Michael

Posts 102
The Flanary's | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 14 2020 9:53 AM

I would say the simplest option would be to open both programs and simply copy/paste into sermon builder/editor.
 The other "option would take a bit longer but its not too difficult. Convert the WS Docs to .docx using Microsoft Word, and then make them into personal books in Logos. This option would create some search features

Posts 273
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2020 9:55 AM

Michael Moore ----

I find that I am not liking the Personal Books so much, especially if I am doing a continuing study on something. It's a pain to constantly re-build the PB from the Word document. I just hope that Logos doesn't turn all my documents into Personal Books. Ouch!

I have come to use Sermon Builder for myself as I can start a SB and then as my study of the subject goes on, I can edit the SB and adjust it as I learn/go. It's still not as smooth as WS documents, but it is a work around for me.

I had mucho many documents in WS whereby I would come across something and make a document to study it later. WS was great for that kind of thing. While Sermon Builder is clunky and has some predetermined ideas built into it....it works after a fashion.

Personal Books is good if the study is done and you are finished with it, then build a PB. I am in the process of taking some of my PDF books and converting them to Personal Books mainly because I like all my resources in one place.  Problem is.... I have over 4 gigabits of PDF files.... and it's gonna be a slooow process...    I been thinking about a java program to help with all that.... but .... that's a luxury. 

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 23956
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2020 9:58 AM

xnman:
I have come to use Sermon Builder for myself as I can start a SB and then as my study of the subject goes on, I can edit the SB and adjust it as I learn/go. It's still not as smooth as WS documents, but it is a work around for me.

Did you consider using Logos Notes instead of the Sermon Builder for this?

It seems a slightly more natural fit for what I understand you are trying to do.

Posts 273
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 30 2020 10:00 AM

I like Logos Notes.... but find them confining as well. Thanks for the thought.

xn = Christan  man=man

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS