Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 69
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 17 2020 10:49 AM

Is it possible to get ASIO input into Proclaim? We use a Behringer X32 and I would really like to be able to pick our two mixed channels without rerouting the whole sound board. Right now the only input I have are for channels 1 and 2. To get the ASIO, I am currently recording a screen grab from OBS. 

Posts 723
LogosEmployee
Jordan Sjodin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 10:58 AM

My knowledge of ASIO is very slim, but from what I know its only available on Windows?

Does this work via USB or something? 

Justin Gatlin:
To get the ASIO, I am currently recording a screen grab from OBS. 

Does this mean OBS does support ASIO, so you then record OBS just to get a recording of the sound from the board? plus the slides from Proclaim?

Mac | iOS | Android | Windows | Web Developer 

Posts 69
Justin Gatlin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 18 2020 11:18 AM

Jordan Sjodin:

My knowledge of ASIO is very slim, but from what I know its only available on Windows?

Does this work via USB or something? 

Justin Gatlin:
To get the ASIO, I am currently recording a screen grab from OBS. 

Does this mean OBS does support ASIO, so you then record OBS just to get a recording of the sound from the board? plus the slides from Proclaim?

Yes. ASIO is a multi-track protocol, so my sound board outputs 32 channels to the computer over USB. With the ASIO drivers, I can import them all (like I would into Audacity or Reaper) or select the track to use for left and right (like I do in OBS). So I run OBS to capture the audio channels and do a window capture of Proclaim for our recording and out live stream. I think ASIO is only needed on Windows because Mac has low latency audio natively.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS