Hitchcock's Complete Analysis of the Holy Bible - Problem and Error

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 273
xnman | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 1 2020 8:34 PM

I have the book, "Hitchcock's Complete Analysis of the Holy Bible" in my WS library. In my WS to Logos Transition page it is listed as "Hitchcock's New and Complete Analysis of the Holy Bible" and same in my Logos library. The WS to Logos Transition shows "Available" but the book I have in Logos, "Hitchcock's New and Complete Analysis of the Holy Bible" does not work.

2 things: 1. Looks to me like the book I have in my WS library is not the same book that is shown on my transition page and thus not the same book in my Logos library... and if that is the case then my transition page is wrong as it does show "Available".

2. I don't find "Hitchcock's New and Complete Analysis of the Holy Bible" in my WS library and as such then my transition page is showing a book that I do not have.  

What am I missing Indifferent?

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 4691
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2020 9:35 AM

xnman:
What am I missing Indifferent?

Sorry, just to confirm, since it's not entirely clear to me from your post, but have you compared the content of the two resources and found differences between them? If so, can you give an example or two?

"The saints are the true interpreters of Holy Scripture. The meaning of a given passage of the Bible becomes most intelligible in those human beings who have been totally transfixed by it and have lived it out." - Pope Benedict XVI

Posts 8975
LogosEmployee

Firstly, are you talking about Wordsearch Book ID 0:760?

xnman:

I have the book, "Hitchcock's Complete Analysis of the Holy Bible" in my WS library. In my WS to Logos Transition page it is listed as "Hitchcock's New and Complete Analysis of the Holy Bible" and same in my Logos library.

Are you pointing out that the title has New in it in Logos?

I see the word "New" on the book cover image in Wordsearch, on the title page, and in the table of contents. Overall, this seems like Wordsearch is inconsistent in how the title is presented and Logos always uses New.

xnman:
but the book I have in Logos, "Hitchcock's New and Complete Analysis of the Holy Bible" does not work

Can you be more specific about "does not work"? I can open it in Logos just fine, it looks like it has the same content as the Wordsearch resource, and the quality is acceptable for an automatic "Ebook" conversion.

xnman:
1. Looks to me like the book I have in my WS library is not the same book that is shown on my transition page and thus not the same book in my Logos library... and if that is the case then my transition page is wrong as it does show "Available".

As above, it looks the same to me.

xnman:
2. I don't find "Hitchcock's New and Complete Analysis of the Holy Bible" in my WS library and as such then my transition page is showing a book that I do not have.  

As above, it's incorrectly titled in the Library in Wordsearch.

Posts 273
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2020 3:17 PM

I guess I'm loosing my mind. That book was not working in Logos for me....and now it is... I don't know what to say.

Thanks for your patience.

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 186
TWBeining | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2020 6:21 PM

xnman:

I guess I'm loosing my mind. That book was not working in Logos for me....and now it is... I don't know what to say.

Thanks for your patience.

Maybe not. Please see below. I think WordSearch condensed the title to better fit the library panel. If you look below to where I bolded, and underlined you will see the original title of the book.

Tim

Hitchcock's Complete Analysis of the Holy Bible
Database © 2008 WORDsearch Corp.

-->
Author: Hitchcock, Roswell D.
Prepared by: WORDsearch Corp.
Version: 3
Language: English
Printed ISBN:
Software ISBN:
Category: Topics
CBP date: 6/2/2008 1:01:10 PM
DAT date: 6/2/2008 1:01:08 PM
Book ID: 0:760
Path: C:\ProgramData\WORDsearch\Library\HitchcocksCompleteAnalysisOfTheHolyBible\

Book summary:

Originally published by Roswell Hitchcock in 1869, Hitchcock's New and Complete Analysis of the Holy Bible, breaks down the 31,173 verses in the Bible according to their meaning, and arranged into 27 Books, and these books are subdivided into 242 Chapters, containing 2,369 Sections. The arrangement of the subjects is natural and logical, and under its proper heading you will find that every verse in the Bible is cataloged along with every other verse related to the same subject. Thus the Bible becomes its own interpreter, and its teachings on subjects are easy to view.

Here are a list of the books:

• Scripture
  • God
  • Jesus Christ
  • Idolatry and Superstition
  • Works of God
  • Miracles
  • Mediums and Methods of Revelation
  • Duties of God
  • Angels Good and Evil
  • Genealogies and Catalogues
  • The Hebrews
  • Other Nations
  • The Outward Man
  • External Nature
  • Industrial Employment and Products
  • The Family
  • Masters and Servants
  • Civil and Social Law
  • War
  • Fallen Man
  • Man Redeemed
  • Sacred Seasons
  • Sacred Places
  • Sacred Persons And Offices
  • Sacred Rites and Forms
  • Trials and Persecutions
  • Eschatology (Or the Last Things)

Roswell Dwight Hitchcock was born in East Machias, Maine, 15 August, 1817 and died in Somerset, Massachusetts, 16 June, 1887. He has authored several books including: New and Complete Anaylsis of the Bible,Eternal Atonement, The Life, Writings and Character of Edward Robinson (America and the Holy Land Series) and Creeds of Christiandoom(Editor). He has served many roles during his life he has been the President of the American Palestine Exploration Society, President of Union Theological Seminary, Vice President of the American Geographical Society and an Editor for American Theological Review.

Permissions:
All rights reserved.

Posts 186
TWBeining | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 2 2020 6:45 PM

xnman,

I think one of the things that might be throwing you off is Logos/Verbum (whichever you use) does not have the drop-down selection menu that we were used to using in WordSearch. I loaded this book in WordSearch and Verbum side by side on two monitors and using the Table of Contents in each and was able to compare the two. They are identical. 

The only real difference is the Logos book is still in ebook format and needs to be touched up a bit, they will get to that in what I would call Phase 2 of bringing our books over from WordSearch.

Tim

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS