Strong's Talking Hebrew and Greek Dictionary

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5
Jerry Thompson | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 2 2020 10:09 AM

Today "Strong's Talking Hebrew and Greek Dictionary" showed up in my library. Was kind of looking forward to it as I used it in Wordsearch. So I went to open it up in Logos and it took a while to load, actual got the (Not Responding) error, but it did load, took about 30 seconds. When it finally loaded it was not what it was in Wordsearch. I assume it is not completed, even though it has shown up in my library. I have "The Complete Word Study Dictionary" open so I tried to link the two together, but they do not link. And the verbal pronunciation is not available either.

To check the opening of "Strong's Talking..." I closed the tab, closed down Logos, waited a little while and opened Logos and went to the library and open up :Strong's Talking..." and it did the same as before, took about 30 seconds to open, got the (Not Responding) error also.

Jerry Thompson

Posts 8975
LogosEmployee

Jerry Thompson:
When it finally loaded it was not what it was in Wordsearch.

I see the following differences:

• Missing Table of Contents
  • No Strong's links / hover tips
  • No links to Vine's
  • No icon to click to play the pronunciation

Is there anything else you want to draw our attention to?

Posts 8975
LogosEmployee

Jerry Thompson:
I assume it is not completed

Correct. As you can see on the migration page, it's currently listed as an "Ebook". This has limited functionality compared to a "Logos Research" edition. See https://community.logos.com/forums/p/193938/1117970.aspx#1117970 for more details on our plan to get Ebooks (produced by automated conversions) out first, then upgrade them later.

Posts 5
Jerry Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 3 2020 5:56 AM

Thanks for the update. I had seen "ebook" but didn't know what it was.

Thanks again.

Posts 18789
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 4 2020 8:17 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Jerry Thompson:
When it finally loaded it was not what it was in Wordsearch.

I see the following differences:

• Missing Table of Contents
  • No Strong's links / hover tips
  • No links to Vine's
  • No icon to click to play the pronunciation

Is there anything else you want to draw our attention to?

Looking at screen shots in post => https://community.logos.com/forums/p/196991/1140934.aspx#1140934 noticed Usage Note indentation differences.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS