Complete Biblical Library Greek-English Dictionary

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 171
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 11 2020 4:37 PM

I purchased the Complete Biblical Library from Wordsearch10 which now can be found in Logos (I own Logos 9). I'm having a hard time trying to find out the Greek meaning of a particular English word in the English Greek Dictionary which I could have easily done in Wordsearch.

All I had to do in Wordsearch was type book, chapter, and verse, find the word in English under the original word in Greek, click on it, and presto the Greek word with all its nuances came up in a separate window with all the necessary explanations. in Logos, there are seven different books in the LIbrary but none give me a clue as to which book I need to pick to look for the English-Greek word and its meaning.  

Thanks, 

Posts 18789
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 11 2020 5:03 PM

Joseph Luna:
All I had to do in Wordsearch was type book, chapter, and verse, find the word in English under the original word in Greek, click on it, and presto the Greek word with all its nuances came up in a separate window with all the necessary explanations.

An idea is linking Bible Word Study (BWS) with Bible (having a Reverse Interlinear) so one click on a Bible word causes BWS change to associated lemma: e.g. Rejoice (in Philippians 4:4)

Another idea is using Tools => Information to show lemma information (personal preference is refresh on click so one click on a Bible word updates both BWS and Information). Lemma section in BWS includes lexicon definitions as does Definition section in Information Tool.

Screen shot shows several Logos Greek Morphology visual filters so can "see" verbal range of expression in a passage. Rejoice in Philippians 4:4 is in the imperative (command) mood with present tense (ongoing action in present time) so Rejoice has an ongoing emphasis to Be Rejoicing. Logos Wiki Extended Tips for Highlighting includes:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 171
Joseph Luna | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 11 2020 5:22 PM

Thank you very much. I will give it a try and see how I can connect tit with the CBL. 

Cool

Posts 18789
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 11 2020 6:40 PM

Linking Bible and Guide => Bible Word Study (BWS) is an alternative to Right Click on a Bible word, choosing Lemma (has BWS ring icon to left of lemma), followed by clicking "Bible Word Study"

Right Click for lemma also has Lookup (of top five highest prioritized resources having Greek headword): hovering on a button shows a pop-up from lexicon while clicking button opens lexicon.

Noticed Wordsearch catalog shows Complete Biblical Library Greek-English Dictionaries are currently Ebook editions (so do not know about their usefulness plus suspect Logos Research Edition would combine them into a single lexicon resource instead of six volumes grouped by Greek letters so need to know first letter of Greek word to open specific volume for Greek word lookup)

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS