Suggestion: A change to Dark Mode

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 282
xnman | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 18 2020 6:53 AM

I would love to use dark mode but the colors of the text are so vibrant that I find it strains my eyes after a while. Thus, I don't use it.

Idea I would like to  see the ability to change the colors of the text, of both  the standard text and the colored text to a softer color. And maybe be able to change the black background to something like gray or light gray.

The blues and the reds and the whites are very vibrant currently. A softer color for each would make for less eye strain and help people like me to be able to use the dark mode, which I would love.

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 2104
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 18 2020 7:35 AM

It does not seem that dark mode was executed very well.  What FL should have done and what they should do is allow users to change the color of the frame only (top menu, TOC...anything except the resources) to black, green, blue pink..whatever a user wants.  Changing that color would produce a restart as dark mode requires now.  For resources (resource panel options), they should have expanded the existing options to include an even darker gray and even other options.  This would not require a restart.  This would accomplish a dark mode for those who wish it that would not cause the undesirable effect that characterizes this present dark mode.

Posts 3
GulinaMario | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2020 4:07 AM

Hello brothers,
I agree, dark mode would be welcome to help tired eyes. Since I changed my Mac and went to dark mode I can see a big difference. Now the only program that is displayed in white is Logos, the contrast is striking, the eyes are like looking at the light intensely, it hurts and it tires. I also realize that since then I read the bible on Logos much less. I looked in the settings and it offers 'Default windows' but maybe it doesn't apply them because I'm using a Mac and not a windows. In any case, I support the proposal of dark mode for the application. If at first we could modify the reading pages by adding in the drop-down menu which is in 'Accessibility' the possibility of putting the background a little darker would be good.

Posts 18810
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2020 6:41 AM

GulinaMario:
I agree, dark mode would be welcome to help tired eyes. Since I changed my Mac and went to dark mode I can see a big difference. Now the only program that is displayed in white is Logos, the contrast is striking, the eyes are like looking at the light intensely, it hurts and it tires. I also realize that since then I read the bible on Logos much less. I looked in the settings and it offers 'Default windows' but maybe it doesn't apply them because I'm using a Mac and not a windows.

Welcome Big Smile

Curious about Logos version ?

Dark Mode is New for version 9 => New in Logos 9: Dark theme

Mark:
Changing that color would produce a restart as dark mode requires now. 

Please vote => Toggle dark mode without restarting 65 votes is currently # 3 in Logos Desktop Feedback

Mark:
For resources (resource panel options), they should have expanded the existing options to include an even darker gray and even other options. 

Please vote => Dark Mode: Allow different resource backgrounds 23 votes is currently # 19 in Logos Desktop Feedback

xnman:
The blues and the reds and the whites are very vibrant currently. A softer color for each would make for less eye strain and help people like me to be able to use the dark mode, which I would love.

Like contrast for readability, which also allows adjustments on computer: e.g. reduce screen brightness. Logos Wiki has:

• Night Mode color changes for easier reading across all applications

Mark:
What FL should have done and what they should do is allow users to change the color of the frame only (top menu, TOC...anything except the resources) to black, green, blue pink..whatever a user wants. 

Suggestion is creating a Logos Desktop Feedback post => https://feedback.faithlife.com/boards/logos-desktop-app 

Please vote for new suggestion => Please expand Application Theme choices

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3
GulinaMario | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2020 10:34 AM

Hi, Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Regarding the version I use, it is the one that is for download on the web page:

Logos 8.17 SR-2

Following your message I understood that I have to buy a 9 logos packages to have the Logos application update in Dark mode.
The problem is that I use the French language and that I already have a well-filled library and anyway it does not offer any French-speaking purchases in Logos 9. So I wait .... I find that sad for a Christian site but hey, it's like that !!!

Posts 18810
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2021 12:58 AM

GulinaMario:
Regarding the version I use, it is the one that is for download on the web page:

Logos Install web page => https://www.logos.com/install shows download link for licensed version: appropriate Logos 9 purchase causes download link to become Logos 9. Anticipating free Logos 9 Basic in a few weeks.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 4705
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2021 7:52 PM

GulinaMario:
So I wait .... I find that sad for a Christian site but hey, it's like that !!!

At least there is a French forum: https://community.logos.com/forums/120.aspx

"The saints are the true interpreters of Holy Scripture. The meaning of a given passage of the Bible becomes most intelligible in those human beings who have been totally transfixed by it and have lived it out." - Pope Benedict XVI

Posts 3
GulinaMario | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 1 2021 8:07 PM

Sorry, I wrote too quickly, I didn't know that for the moment there is no French version yet but only the English one.
Thank you for your answers and your kindness.
Yes, indeed I discovered the French forum it's great for this community.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS