Bug: Reading Status unchangeable for books Not on This Device

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 4727
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Dec 23 2020 7:24 PM

I read a FL ebook. Then I removed it from my device. Eventually I noticed that it was not showing 100% read in my Library. Then I tried to fix that using "Mark resource as read". Nothing. Then I tried "Reset reading progress". Still nothing.

"The saints are the true interpreters of Holy Scripture. The meaning of a given passage of the Bible becomes most intelligible in those human beings who have been totally transfixed by it and have lived it out." - Pope Benedict XVI

Posts 30935
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 23 2020 9:14 PM

I'm thinking about this ... what functions should we expect to be able to do on resources not on the device? I don't know ... I'm thinking.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 4727
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 24 2020 5:04 AM

MJ. Smith:
what functions should we expect to be able to do on resources not on the device?

These two, for the same reason that I expect to be able to edit title, short title, and MyTags... the program shows me the information, so editing it should work.

"The saints are the true interpreters of Holy Scripture. The meaning of a given passage of the Bible becomes most intelligible in those human beings who have been totally transfixed by it and have lived it out." - Pope Benedict XVI

Posts 26230
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 25 2020 7:13 PM

I'm puzzled by that. Did it display 0% read or no ring in Resource info? If you filter Library for Devices > Not on this device does it show as Reading Staus > Unread?

I have many books with Reading Status > Finished (not on device). I downloaded an ebook showing 61% read and finished it (100% read). Then I removed it back to the Cloud, but it still showed as 100% read.

I can reproduce the inability to change Reading Status, but Reading Status was not affected by removing the book.

Can you reproduce the latter?

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 4727
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 27 2020 7:11 PM

Dave Hooton:

I have many books with Reading Status > Finished (not on device). I downloaded an ebook showing 61% read and finished it (100% read). Then I removed it back to the Cloud, but it still showed as 100% read.

I can reproduce the inability to change Reading Status, but Reading Status was not affected by removing the book.

Can you reproduce the latter?

I doubt that that book ever showed 100% read. The bug am I reporting is only the inability to change the reading percentage.

(The bug that it's possible to read an entire book and have it not show 100% done is one that's been around approximately forever, and I stopped caring about it once I noticed that I could manually set books I had in fact read in full to 100%.)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS