SUGGESTION: Add datasets to library

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 30881
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Dec 31 2020 1:55 AM

yes, I know many don't care what their datasets are but (1) it would be much easier on the forums to help people discover whether or not they have a required dataset (2) for some of us, being able to identify the dataset and the date last updated can be very useful --- reading the side bar becomes very tiring and annoying.

Add datasets to library | Faithlife Feedback

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18810
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2020 7:02 AM

Commented on Add datasets to library

Library resources can be clicked to open, which is not viable for datasets. Would appreciate an interactive tool showing dataset list with last update, ideally with link to dataset documentation.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 30881
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2020 2:32 PM

I responded on feedback

I agree that they should not open. I also don't believe they require an information panel. I leave the implementation of how to separate them as indirectly accessible to Faithlife -- separate page, separate section, separate typeface, with/without link to documentation. . . I know from the betas of the last major revision of the library, that they do appear in the library when the code is incomplete. Therefore, I know I am asking for a feature that is not difficult to implement.

You are correct that I should have been more explicit.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1391
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2020 3:35 PM

Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :):

Commented on Add datasets to library

Library resources can be clicked to open, which is not viable for datasets.

Perhaps the item in the library list could simply open the documentation for that dataset. I do like the idea of datasets being accounted for in the library list. Yes

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 4705
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 31 2020 5:12 PM

A single resource (kept up to date) the text of which is all of the (publicly available) datasets done so that the locked and unlocked ones show as such when you open it could work.

"The saints are the true interpreters of Holy Scripture. The meaning of a given passage of the Bible becomes most intelligible in those human beings who have been totally transfixed by it and have lived it out." - Pope Benedict XVI

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS