Factbook and lemma

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 17
Bob | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 21 2021 2:36 PM

I have the full feature set for L9 and am at current version of Logos 9.2

Entering logos does not show a lemma in the dropdown, even after expanding the "show all" section.  The webinar from MP shows it.

Also tried elohim in the factbook, no lemma section appears.

So, what is up with the lemma section in factbook?  What am I misunderstanding?

Thanks,

Bob

Posts 2534
LogosEmployee

You are seeing different results than the MP webinar because the data and autocomplete mechanism have shifted since it was made.

Lemmas are still in there, but can sometimes be a little tricky to hit. Logos doesn't show up because there are so many other things that are valid hits that the lemma item is pushed out of the list of items that are considered relevant.

Here are some ways to help get to Lemmas in Factbook:

• Enter the original language rather than the transliteration
  • Add the gloss in addition to or instead of the transliteration
  • Check the "Show all" suggestion that is last in the list of suggestions. This gives many more suggestions past just the initial 10. If you enter "logos word" and select that option, you'll find the desired lemma there.
  • Use the right click menu in a resource to select the lemma and choose the Factbook option to view that lemma in Factbook.

For some reason, אֱלֹהִים is missing its transliteration of "elohim". We're checking into what's causing the problem there, but it appears this affects all Hebrew lemmas. We'll see if we can get that fixed up.

Posts 17
Bob | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 21 2021 5:00 PM

Thanks.  I understand better now.

Bob

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS