Reftagger links to Logos Software when configured to not do so

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 24527
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 3 2021 1:50 AM

On my Wordpress site I have reftagger configured to not link to LBS as shown below

but on the page, there is still a link showing to LBS

Most of the people accessing the site will not be using Logos software and so I dont want to confuse them by having that option.

Do I need to change the configuration settings in some way or is there an issue with how the plugin is behaving?

Thanks, Graham

Posts 724
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2021 3:36 AM

Did you make a new change.....just wondering if it is a cache issue?

Posts 24527
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2021 4:13 AM

Thanks for responding Kevin

Kevin:
Did you make a new change.....just wondering if it is a cache issue?

We added in a new plugin - can't think of anything else we have changed recently

Posts 2768
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2021 4:17 AM

I vaguely remember having similar issues on my Wordpress site.

Workaround: delete the plugin, and instead use some plugin to add code to the header, and paste the Reftagger code from the config tool.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Seminary Student (VIU).
Christian Debate Forum --- Auferstanden! Blog

Posts 724
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2021 4:28 AM

Graham Criddle:

We added in a new plugin - can't think of anything else we have changed recently

Sorry I meant did you toggle this setting in the reftagger plugin....if so it may just be stale cache, but if it always been like this then probably just the plugin not working properly.

Jan's solution sounds good, although https://faithlife.com/products/reftagger suggests pasting in footer. I am too unfamiliar with WordPress to recommend a relevant plugin, maybe someone else can? https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/insert-headers-and-footers/ perhaps?

Posts 24527
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2021 5:04 AM

Kevin:
Sorry I meant did you toggle this setting in the reftagger plugin....if so it may just be stale cache, but if it always been like this then probably just the plugin not working properly.

Sorry - I understand now. I'll give it a go.

I'm cautious about using a different plugin that adds code to the header - though I see how it could work.

Posts 24527
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2021 5:46 AM

Kevin:

Toggling the setting seems to have fixed it.

Thanks Kevin - appreciate the suggestion, Graham 

Posts 724
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2021 6:26 AM

Not quite what I meant but glad it working now Yes

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS