Barnes is on the Move

Page 7 of 10 (197 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last »
This post has 196 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 653
Alex Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 1:25 PM

Raising your bids to more than $30 isn't going to help unless you were in at less than $30 before.  Every bid at more than $30 only counts for one bid at $30 even if you bid $100.  Of course, if there were a massive amount if bids at $35 or more that could theoretically make it be produced for $35 but looking at the chart, that's not going to happen.

Longtime Logos user (more than $30,000 in purchases) - now a second class user because I won't pay them more every month or year.

Posts 9134
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 2:38 PM

Am I the only one here who is weary of the Barnes raisers? Guys (and gals) you have made a loud noise about poor Pastor Barnes and his work. He's been languishing for years. Banging the drum hasn't worked. I would not suggest louder banging.

I suspect that most of those who would want Barnes have it in another form and don't want to pay even $30 for it. But who really knows? All we know is this CP is dead in the water.

I know I have beat the drum myself for other CP resources, but I do think this one has really been exposed unlike dozens of other CP offers. It just isn't getting traction as they say. Maybe it is time to rest a bit. Most folks aren't going to drop their bids if you back off for a few months.

I would like all of you to have Rev. Barnes, but I think you've given it your best shot for now, so maybe it is time to back off. Please?

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1646
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 2:44 PM

Mark A. Smith:
Am I the only one here who is weary of the Barnes raisers?

Yes?

Regards, SteveF

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 2:46 PM

Levi D.:

I've been grabbing screenshots every now and then of Barne's progress:

Here is one from August 14, one month ago:

And this is today, Sept. 14th:

Hopefully Thomas' excellent blog will push Barnes over the hill and it will pick up speed!

From your screen shots I take it you raised your bid in that time period.... Smile

Posts 128
Levi D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 3:07 PM

Andrew McKenzie:
From your screen shots I take it you raised your bid in that time period.... Smile

Just a little Wink

I spent most of my time in thinking of divine things, year after year; often walking alone in the woods and solitary places for meditation, soliloquy and prayer - Jonathan Edwards

Posts 116
Chris Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 3:48 PM

Maybe some cheerleading will work.

Gimmie a B…..

B

Gimmie an A…

A

Big Smile

Posts 116
Chris Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 4:01 PM

I think i saw it move. Big Smile

Posts 5315
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 4:39 PM

Abi Gail:

As a result of the excellent blog post lets hope it gathers interest at a more rapid rate than this thread has been gathering interest lately....

Posts 3688
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 14 2010 4:43 PM

Andrew McKenzie:

Abi Gail:

As a result of the excellent blog post lets hope it gathers interest at a more rapid rate than this thread has been gathering interest lately....

I would be happy if it gained interest at the same rate as this thread.  Cool

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 3847
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2010 3:37 AM

Mark A. Smith:
Am I the only one here who is weary of the Barnes raisers?

Today's blog post, a counter point to Thomas Black, by Mark A. Smith: "Time for a Barnes Razing?"

Surprise   Wink

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 116
Chris Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2010 4:09 AM

OH NO.

This could cause an international incident. You did hear about that other radical pastor in FL. who planned a book burning?

Posts 3688
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2010 6:21 AM

But he backed off that and chose the higher road.  I assume that Dan will also.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 8603
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2010 6:23 AM

Well, perhaps if an Ardent Barnes Supporter had written the post there would have been more progress.  Perhaps it's expecting more than one day can bring, but it appears that Barnes has made no significant progress if any.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 3847
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2010 7:16 AM

Floyd Johnson:
he backed off that and chose the higher road.  I assume that Dan will also.

alas, my sense of humor cannot go much higher.  Stick out tongue

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 116
Chris Thompson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2010 9:08 AM

Dan DeVilder:

alas, my sense of humor cannot go much higher.  Stick out tongue

If this is the apex of his humor, Think what the depths might produce. Does Snidely Whiplash come to mind?  

Posts 794
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2010 9:35 AM

SOMETIMES, no matter how hard you try you can't quite reach your desire, things just stall.  Time for a "Stalled and Waiting for a Miracle" second level tier for CP.

Click here to play this video

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 15 2010 10:37 AM

Dan

There's nothing wrong with your sense of humour. It's just like mine!Big Smile

Every blessing

Alan

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 77
K.J. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 16 2010 6:29 AM

This is a classic case of a poor marketing strategy.  A company who can sell a non-existent, unproven, prototype of a commentary to it's highly educated clientèle for $700 US,  should be able to promote a highly acclaimed, tried and tested Christian classic for $30 US...If they really wanted to.

Posts 711
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 16 2010 7:32 AM

Disagree.

This is a classic case of using two different marketing strategies. The new commentary set is something Logos has put money up front for. It will likely have a high profit margin but not a lot of volume in terms of sales because of the price and limited audience.

The Barnes thing is "we will do it if enough people want it." Remember on community pricing, they are looking to cover costs. Anything after that is mostly profit, since in this case it is PD material. It will also likely be a low-volume title, as it is older. If it gets published, I could see it being included in a collection in the future.

Another way to put it is this: Logos has a very vested interest in marketing the new commentary because if they don't do it properly, they will lose lots of money that has already been spent. They have limited interest in Barnes; they don't really care too much one way or the other if it gets done or not. That is speaking from a business perspective. I am sure there are many Logos employees that would like to have Barnes, but opinions and wants do not keep a business alive and growing. Cash flow does.

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 8603
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 16 2010 7:53 AM

Well said Jerry

Jerry Bush:
Cash flow does.
By all appearances the cash flow to produce Barnes isn't there. and at the glacial growth rate one wonders if it will be before the final volume of the EEC ships. (Props to Andrew)

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Page 7 of 10 (197 items) « First ... < Previous 5 6 7 8 9 Next > ... Last » | RSS