apocrypha/deuterocanon cross references?

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 15
Dan Shumway | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 19 2021 9:41 AM

I'm not able to find a Bible or resource that will allow me to cross reference between the Bible and the apocrypha. I'm not Catholic but I do read the Apocrypha and out of curiosity would like to be able to see cross references. I have a Cambridge cameo that includes the cross references but would love to be able to do it on logos. I assumed there would be a Catholic Bible on verbum that would work but for some reason none of the Catholic Bibles have cross references. Does anyone know of a Bible or resource that would allow me to do this?

Posts 133
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 11:02 AM

The two I use is the 1900 KJV (including apocrypha), and NABre.  I'm assuming your cross-refs refer to the old center column of cross-refs in a printed Bible.

Posts 15
Dan Shumway | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 11:18 AM

Hey DMB, thanks for the response. The 1900 KJV I have doesn't include the Apocrypha, I have to download the King James Apocrypha separately and they are not linked by cross references. By cross references I mean the little superscript letters that you can hover over or click on to open cross references in a small window. The NABre that I see doesn't include cross references either.

Posts 737
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 11:21 AM

Give The Cambridge Paragraph Bible of the Authorized English Version (KJV) a try.

Or The Authorized English Version (1873) with Reverse Interlinear.

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 133
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 11:27 AM

Scott listed the old KJV I mentioned. Not sure why your NABRE isn't showing crossrefs ... even today, I was in the OT, and it crossre'd to Tobit along with some OT refs.

Posts 15
Dan Shumway | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 11:27 AM

I guess what I'm looking for is an apocrypha that is cross-referenced to the scriptures. Here's a link to a website that has the references from pp. 800-804 of the Nestle-Aland Greek New Testament, 27th edition (Novum Testamentum: Graece et Latine, published by Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft). http://jimmyakin.com/deuterocanonical-references-in-the-new-testament. But I would very much like to have an apocrypha in logos with the cross reference links to Scripture.

Posts 183
Richard J. Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 11:31 AM

Just last night I noticed that the cross reference guide has cross references to the Apocrypha.

Posts 15
Dan Shumway | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 11:32 AM

I'm sorry I misunderstood thank you so much for your help!

Posts 15
Dan Shumway | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 11:33 AM

No way! Thank you so much Richard I did not realize that either.

Posts 15
Dan Shumway | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 11:34 AM

thank you so much scott, this is exactly what I was looking for. The funny thing is I already owned it and I didn't even realize it, lol. Thanks again

Posts 183
Richard J. Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 11:34 AM

The cross reference guide works when using the Apocrypha too.

Posts 24549
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 11:36 AM

Dan Shumway:
But I would very much like to have an apocrypha in logos with the cross reference links to Scripture.

As DMB says, they are present (bothways in NABRE)

Are you not seeing these?

Posts 133
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 11:38 AM

Ok ... I see now. For example, in NABRE, and the Jimmy Akin ref, NABRE points back from Hebrews to 2MC, but doesn' point from 2MC to the NT and Hebrews:

Posts 19168
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 11:50 AM

Dan Shumway:
I'm not able to find a Bible or resource that will allow me to cross reference between the Bible and the apocrypha.

Using Logos 9.3 Beta 4 on macOS Big Sur, did a Bible Search in All Bibles for <Jdt> that includes Cross References (to Judtih) in results:

For Old Testament, found Coverdale Bible => The Holy Scriptures Faithfully and Truly Translated had the most cross references to Judith. Caveat: Coverdale Bible predates verse numbering within chapters.

For New Testament, found Alford's => The Greek Testament (8 vols.) has many cross references to Judith.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 183
Richard J. Ward | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 11:50 AM

Linking the NABre (or any Bible with the Apocrypha) to the cross reference guide may give you better results.

Posts 737
Scott E. Mahle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 12:04 PM

Richard J. Ward:

Linking the NABre (or any Bible with the Apocrypha) to the cross reference guide may give you better results.

This is what makes CR’s in an electronic Bible rather obsolete. By the way, Richard, nice beard! Big Smile

Logos Series X Pastor’s Library | Logos 3 Leader’s Library | 4 Portfolio | 5 Platinum | 6 Feature Crossgrade | 7 Essential | 8 M & W Platinum and Academic Professional | 9 Academic Professional and Messianic Jewish Diamond

Posts 15
Dan Shumway | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2021 12:59 PM

That's awesome! I'm fairly new to logos and this forum is the best. Everybody is so kind and helpful. Thanks

Posts 26530
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2021 2:23 PM

DMB:
I see now. For example, in NABRE, and the Jimmy Akin ref, NABRE points back from Hebrews to 2MC, but doesn' point from 2MC to the NT and Hebrews:

Run a Search like this

Use <2 Macc> instead of Tobit.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 133
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 20 2021 5:18 PM

Dave Hooton:
Use <2 Macc> instead of Tobit.

My comment was in the opposite direction, whether NABRE's deuterocanon adduced connects to the NT, since it has bunches to the OT and deuterocanon. As it turned out, Wisdom was the motherload is shaky references to the NT.

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS