Help with Syntax search using Andersen-Forbes Dataset

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2
CoffinBuilder | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 25 2021 8:36 PM

I'm working on an exegetical paper of Deut. 6:1-9 for a class and I'm trying to look at other instances where the Hebrew uses a verbless clause with multiple subject compliments as seen in v. 1:

וְזֹאת הַמִּצְוָה הַחֻקִּים וְהַמִּשְׁפָּטִים

What I would like to determine, because there are a few questions I have about the syntax, specifically SVA with the feminine singular demonstrative with one feminine singular compliment followed by two masculine plurals. Unfortunately, neither Waltke/O'Connor nor Joüon covers this particular construction.

Based on the agreement, my gut is to assume the two plurals joined by a conjunctive waw are clarifying the first noun but I would like to see if there are other cases where this occurs.

Thanks in advance!

Posts 19145
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2021 9:54 PM

CoffinBuilder:
What I would like to determine, because there are a few questions I have about the syntax, specifically SVA with the feminine singular demonstrative with one feminine singular compliment followed by two masculine plurals.

Welcome Big Smile

Logos Wiki has Syntax Search and Morph Search

Personally have learned to start with Morph Search to find verse(s) that should also be found in Syntax Search: e.g.

<LogosMorphHeb ~ R??FS??> BEFORE 1 WORD <LogosMorphHeb ~ N?FS??> BEFORE 1 WORD <LogosMorphHeb ~ N?MP??> BEFORE 1 WORD <LogosMorphHeb ~ N?MP??>

that has one verse result of Deuteronomy 6:1

Noticed relative pronoun is followed by three articular nouns so duplicated Morph Search followed by modification:

<LogosMorphHeb ~ R??????> BEFORE 1 WORD <LogosMorphHeb ~ A> BEFORE 1 CHAR <LogosMorphHeb ~ N???A?> BEFORE 1 WORD <LogosMorphHeb ~ A> BEFORE 1 CHAR <LogosMorphHeb ~ N???A?> BEFORE 1 WORD <LogosMorphHeb ~ A> BEFORE 1 CHAR <LogosMorphHeb ~ N???A?>

Deuteronomy 4:45 ends with two masculine plural nouns, but is preceded by a feminine plural and plural demonstrative pronoun. Created Syntax Search to find Deuteronomy 4:45 and Deuteronomy 6:1

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2
CoffinBuilder | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 26 2021 4:53 AM

Wow! Thanks for your fast reply. That was a lot of help.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS