for Carta fans

Page 1 of 1 (20 items)
This post has 19 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 9672
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2021 6:39 AM

Good question Dale. I too would like to hear what people think of these. They do look quite interesting on first glance.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1564
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2021 7:56 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Good question Dale. I too would like to hear what people think of these. They do look quite interesting on first glance.

Yes, they do look interesting.  But considering the limited scope of so many of them, my thought is that buying them individually would be more expensive than I can justify.  For me, they would look more interesting if bundled and offered at a much higher discount.

Posts 8485
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2021 8:37 AM

I’m so glad I got them in WORDsearch! They offer background information on the topics they cover (Boats, Feasts, The Temple, etc.).  Great for tidbits during classes or a sermon.

DAL

Ps. Logos has surpassed Accordance in the Understanding the Bible series! Accordance only has 6 volumes and they haven’t added new ones in a long time, even though CARTA was supposedly an Accordance exclusive product.  Not anymore! With Logos I have everything CARTA that Accordance offers and then some thanks to the WORDsearch acquisition.

Posts 1000
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2021 10:14 AM

Rick Ausdahl:

For me, they would look more interesting if bundled and offered at a much higher discount.

You do save around 60 bucks if you buy them as a series https://www.logos.com/product/205438/understanding-the-bible-series 

Posts 1470
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2021 1:11 PM

These are excellent resources for teaching! I love them and refer to the print editions often. Can wait to have them in Logos!

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 8485
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2021 1:16 PM

I will miss WORDsearch‘s low prices 😭😭😭

DAL

Posts 5604
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2021 1:47 PM

Rick Ausdahl:
For me, they would look more interesting if bundled and offered at a much higher discount.

Ah, so you mean in Logos 10 base packages. Stick out tongue

Posts 318
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2021 2:11 PM

SineNomine:
Ah, so you mean in Logos 10 base packages.

Yes but those prices are only available at this time to those who have the spiritual fruit of patience. Sad

Posts 5899
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2021 2:37 PM

DAL:

DAL

Yea, picked up the whole set in WS for $99. I wouldn’t pay what FL is now charging for the set.

Posts 27232
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2021 7:32 PM

If  one is interested in the history of the Temple, its artifacts and its location, based on archaeology, period writings and the Bible, then The Quest: Revealing the Temple Mount in Jerusalem is excellent, with photographs, maps, drawings and a 3D model.

Jerusalem in the Time of Nehemiah by the same author is also excellent, revealing details of the reconstruction of the temple and city walls after the return from Babylon. The illustrations, photos, maps, drawings and 3D model bring the text of Nehemiah to life.

Jerusalem in the Year 30 A.D., again by the same author, promises the same excellence.

I got the set with a base package purchase (i.e. cost effectively) and have no doubt that I will read most of them.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1188
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2021 8:29 PM

Dave Hooton:

I got the set with a base package purchase (i.e. cost effectively) and have no doubt that I will read most of them.

Which base package was that?

Posts 5899
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 16 2021 9:55 PM

Dav is referring to a different set to the one you posted Dale.  He is talking about 

https://www.logos.com/product/191819/carta-jerusalem-bible-reference-collection which comes in a variety of base package.

The set you are talking about is a different one, also from Carta but is not included in base packages:

https://www.logos.com/product/205438/understanding-the-bible-series 

Dale E Heath:

Dave Hooton:

Which base package was that?

Posts 1691
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2021 12:18 AM

Dave Hooton:

If  one is interested in the history of the Temple, its artifacts and its location, based on archaeology, period writings and the Bible, then The Quest: Revealing the Temple Mount in Jerusalem is excellent, with photographs, maps, drawings and a 3D model.

Jerusalem in the Time of Nehemiah by the same author is also excellent, revealing details of the reconstruction of the temple and city walls after the return from Babylon. The illustrations, photos, maps, drawings and 3D model bring the text of Nehemiah to life.

Jerusalem in the Year 30 A.D., again by the same author, promises the same excellence.

I´ve got these and more with the Gold package, and I have actually read them. Takes some time but really interesting. With the maps I often copied them to a photo software so I can enlarge and see the map on the second screen while reading the text. 

I found it intriguing that there were so many water related building projects. Water is important, and having good quality water was worth some effort!

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 1470
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2021 5:35 AM

DAL:

#truth!

But at least we now see clearly how those low profit margins worked out for WS. LOL

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College

Posts 8485
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2021 6:08 AM

Myke Harbuck:

DAL:

#truth!

But at least we now see clearly how those low profit margins worked out for WS. LOL

Yep! I remember Mark Barnes mentioned something similar when Wordsearch’s Perks Program came out.  It was probably their final attempt to stay afloat.

DAL

Posts 1564
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2021 7:24 AM

SineNomine:

Rick Ausdahl:

Ah, so you mean in Logos 10 base packages. Stick out tongue

YesSmileYes

Posts 1691
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2021 7:53 AM

DAL:

I’m so glad I got them in WORDsearch! They offer background information on the topics they cover (Boats, Feasts, The Temple, etc.).  Great for tidbits during classes or a sermon. DAL

Sounds good!

I had a closer look at the descriptions and they are 40 pages long. 25 cents per page.

The next question what is the size of the page?  Are they unfolding maps in the print version??

Looks like some of them will be out in the end of March. 

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 8485
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2021 8:43 AM

I don’t have the print version so I can’t comment on that.  My guess is it’s a CARTA resource; hence, the high price tag 🏷 

DAL

Posts 27232
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 17 2021 4:28 PM

Veli Voipio:
I´ve got these and more with the Gold package

You have the same set of 13 that I got in Silver (not just the 'set' that I commented on).

Veli Voipio:
With the maps I often copied them to a photo software so I can enlarge and see the map on the second screen while reading the text. 

Yes, I had to do this with other images to see the small details.

Veli Voipio:
I found it intriguing that there were so many water related building projects.

Likewise.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (20 items) | RSS