Thoughts on apologetics and theological discussions

Page 5 of 5 (83 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 82 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 527
xnman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 9 2021 12:56 PM | Locked

And here I am thinking... Apologetics is about defending/proving the Bible ...

One of theses days, I'm a gonna get off this planet I'm on and journey over to Earth and learn to be like people there....  Yep, one of these days.... well....  maybe.... Travel

xn = Christan  man=man

Posts 33762
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 9 2021 1:38 PM | Locked

1Cor10:31:
I don't like people playing favorites.

I have reported specific posts but I saw no benefit in posting that I had done so. You, and anyone else, are invited to use the report abuse function at the upper right (under More).

1Cor10:31:
Why are the moderators allowing it to flourish?

The forums have no formal moderators, it depends upon users reporting abuse which designated Faithlife employees will then handle.

I am embarrassed that I started this thread; I had forgotten in my decision making that there are people in the forums who would have an interest in the topic and be among the handful who consistently flaunt the guidelines and ignore gentle requests that they follow the guidelines. I am generally saved by the lack of overlapping interests However, the response here has discouraged me from continuing designing an apologetics guide despite it having considerably more interest to me than the counseling guide. There is no way to design an apologetic guide without understanding the diverse views of users as to what constitutes apologetics - and there is no way to gain that understanding in a hijacked thread. I will ask that the thread be locked but ... the decision is not mine to make.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 170
1Cor10:31 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 9 2021 1:54 PM | Locked

MJ. Smith:

I don't like people playing favorites.

I have reported specific posts but I saw no benefit in posting that I had done so. You, and anyone else, are invited to use the report abuse function at the upper right (under More).

Why are the moderators allowing it to flourish?

The forums have no formal moderators, it depends upon users reporting abuse which designated Faithlife employees will then handle.

I'm sorry I didn't realize that there are no formal moderators.

Everybody has their weaknesses and triggers. One of my triggers is discrimination. But I am going to try and keep the following John Flavel quote in front of me, something that I stumbled upon recently: O study your hearts, watch your hearts, keep your hearts! Away with fruitless controversies and all idle questions; away with unprofitable discourse and bold censures of others, and turn in upon yourselves. O that this day, this hour, you would resolve upon doing so!

Page 5 of 5 (83 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS