Odd Collection Update Pricing

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 648
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 30 2021 11:22 AM

I received an email from Logos advertising updates that will soon be available to add to certain existing collections. The email invited me to pre-order updates. Two of the collections which I have are the Reformation Commentary on Scripture and the Pillar New Testament Commentary.

When I follow the link to the RCS update, my upgrade price is £20.85 despite the individual price of the new (John's Gospel) commentary being £18.94. Similarly, when I click the link to the PNTC update, my upgrade price is £22.62 despite the individual price of the new (James, 2nd ed.) commentary being £20.40.

Anyone thinking about updating their collection may want to check their pricing.

Posts 2158
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2021 11:39 AM

With the RCS, I also saw the pricing to be very strange for me. Perhaps it makes sense, I am not sure.  Dynamic pricing for me is $151.03.  Individual titles not owned would total around $200.  So the dynamic pricing would be attractive I guess.  But total value below all titles is $589.82.  It really is not total value for me.  Looking at it more carefully, it seems to be right, but I feel a bit deceived.  For me, the value is not $400 in savings, but only about $50.

Posts 4468
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2021 12:06 PM

Screen Shot 2021-03-30 At 2.04.42 PM
Agreed.  Cheaper to buy the resource individually

Posts 2705
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2021 12:09 PM

Saw some of this. I really can't figure out why these things wonk out. I think FL needs to do some extra diligence in their calculations. It's not a big deal but it makes a world class leader like FL look less than the incredibly sharp folks they really are. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 2158
Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2021 12:17 PM

Pillar resource dynamic price for me is higher than the purchasing of the individual volume.

Posts 724
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2021 12:27 PM

There is a disclaimer on bundles where individual items are on sale (as showing in Mattilo's image), which I think explains some issues.

Individual products included in this collection are currently sale priced. Purchasing the individual volumes in this collection may be more cost effective than purchasing the collection itself.

Posts 724
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2021 12:31 PM

Gordon Jones:

When I follow the link to the RCS update, my upgrade price is £20.85 despite the individual price of the new (John's Gospel) commentary being £18.94.

My price for that individual resource is $25.99 (Sale price from $39.99) - do you have academic discount? (I do not)

Perhaps that is not applied to bundle at the moment also confusing price.

Posts 648
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2021 3:50 PM

Kevin:

Gordon Jones:

When I follow the link to the RCS update, my upgrade price is £20.85 despite the individual price of the new (John's Gospel) commentary being £18.94.

My price for that individual resource is $25.99 (Sale price from $39.99) - do you have academic discount? (I do not)

Perhaps that is not applied to bundle at the moment also confusing price.

I don't have academic discount although, thanks to your question and the fact that I've just started a Diploma in Pastoral Supervision, I've now applied. Big Smile

Posts 1081
Armin | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 30 2021 9:24 PM

It took me some time, but in the end I went through all of these collections trying to figure out if it is cheaper for me to buy the individual volumes that I don't have or buy the collection. In some cases, it meant searching for each single title in my library as the Logos website does not indicate which volumes I have. And then, I had to determine the individual preorder price of each volume, add them up, and compare the calculated price with the collection price. I hope to have found now the cheapest way to upgrade.

Posts 148
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2021 1:43 AM

Gordon Jones:
I've just started a Diploma in Pastoral Supervision

And the very best to you in this, Gordon!!

Posts 724
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2021 2:26 AM

Gordon Jones:

I don't have academic discount although, thanks to your question and the fact that I've just started a Diploma in Pastoral Supervision, I've now applied. Big Smile

Then all the best for that with you Yes Smile

Posts 648
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2021 7:44 AM

scooter:

Gordon Jones:
I've just started a Diploma in Pastoral Supervision

And the very best to you in this, Gordon!!

Kevin:

Gordon Jones:

Then all the best for that with you Yes Smile

Thank you Kevin and thank you Scooter Big Smile

I applied for the academic discount and Faithlife was blisteringly fast at approving it, so thanks, too, to Faithlife Yes

Posts 29250
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 31 2021 10:02 AM

I don't know if this has been mentioned or not, but the price went down for me yesterday afternoon on the PNTC. It is now in line with what I would expect. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS