Trying to remain calm here...

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5189
David Paul | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 5 2021 12:52 AM

Can anyone explain why I am being mugged when I try to upload a picture to a forum post? Instead of just being able to insert a pic in my post as in the past, I am being cordoned into an unfriendly space that apparently wants to post my pictures to some sort of community cloud and which will not allow me to delete any of the pictures already posted?

Circle Of Hell

Have the forces of hell actually taken over? What is this travesty? 

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

"The Unbelievable Work...believe it or not."

Posts 24504
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 5 2021 12:56 AM

For background on this change please see https://community.logos.com/forums/t/199205.aspx 

Posts 31849
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 5 2021 2:50 AM

David Paul:
, I am being cordoned into an unfriendly space

FYI - among other things, this space is what is used when you insert images into a note.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 117
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 5 2021 6:27 AM

Ha ... good question ... how to delete. When it first arose from the murky depths of unintuitive coding (an FL specialty), I tested it with a restaurant we like, out in the Utah wilds (I assumed I could then delete). Now, the restaurant seems forever a part of Logosia.

0F628C33-A69C-47C7-A14A E90410810FDB

Posts 29209
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 5 2021 6:34 AM

DMB:
Now, the restaurant seems forever a part of Logosia.

The link Graham had above (if you wade through it) will provide directions to delete. I'm not able to do so now, but can if needed later. Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 29209
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 5 2021 6:47 AM

I ended up grabbing my laptop anyway. Here are the directions to delete a picture.

1. Go to the amber website: https://amber.faithlife.com 
  2. Find the image you want to delete. 
  3. Double click on the thumbnail. 
  4. Scroll down until you see a hyperlink button on the right hand side which says: "delete this asset"
  5. Click the link and confirm the popup

I do not know if deleted items are permanently deleted at some point or not. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 117
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 5 2021 7:12 AM

Well, I tried your instructions (and NB's reply to Dave). I'm mystified. Below, is a double-click (which Safari treats as a single-clik). Anyway, great restaurant between Arches and Capital Reef, but go early ... tourist buses. I'll delete this, when I delete the image ... ha.

CE011BE8-90F6-495E-9C1D-769C8D16D40F

Posts 26499
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2021 11:36 AM

DMB:
Well, I tried your instructions (and NB's reply to Dave). I'm mystified

At top right, next to Upload date, click the 4th and 5th buttons/icons to get a sidebar with further details of the selected asset. Select the first or second icons for a different view of the asset.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 117
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2021 1:08 PM

Dave Hooton:
Select the first or second icons for a different view of the asset.

Worked. That was pretty a bizaaro design. Thanks!

Posts 690
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2021 6:52 PM

DMB:

Dave Hooton:
Select the first or second icons for a different view of the asset.

Worked. That was pretty a bizaaro design. Thanks!

The owners and staff at Duke's are now broken-hearted, DMB.  Wink

Posts 117
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 7 2021 3:30 PM

Brad:
The owners and staff at Duke's are now broken-hearted

Well, it was too late to edit Duke's above, so maybe he can offer passing Logosians a tasty glass of ... err ... water.  Actually, this vaccine thing is flooding scenic Utah with families. There's got to be some Logosians in there somewhere. Smile

Posts 5189
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 8 2021 10:44 AM

When I first encountered this contraption, I saw no indication that scrolling was necessary or an option. The pic in the OP confirms that. I don't feel like the page is well-designed, but Logos & FL are fond of trading easy for complicated.

ASROCK x570 Creator, AMD R9 3950x, HyperX 64gb 3600 RAM, Asus Strix RTX 2080 ti, 2tb m.2 Seagate Firecuda SSD (x2) ...and other mechano-digital happiness.

Posts 31849
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 8 2021 1:57 PM

David Paul:
I don't feel like the page is well-designed, but Logos & FL are fond of trading easy for complicated.

IIRC Amber is a very standard AWS/Azure cloud product and the company was an early contender in that market. It's been visible behind the scenes for several years.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5189
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 8 2021 3:22 PM

MJ. Smith:

David Paul:
I don't feel like the page is well-designed, but Logos & FL are fond of trading easy for complicated.

IIRC Amber is a very standard AWS/Azure cloud product and the company was an early contender in that market. It's been visible behind the scenes for several years.

Great! ...but I still want nothing to do with it. I want to send a file to a specific target as straightforwardly as possible and have that be the end of the interaction.

Posts 5576
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 9 2021 12:41 AM

Totally agree David, it provides an awful user experience. 

David Paul:

MJ. Smith:

David Paul:

Great! ...but I still want nothing to do with it. I want to send a file to a specific target as straightforwardly as possible and have that be the end of the interaction.

Posts 117
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 9 2021 6:27 AM

DIsciple II:
Totally agree David, it provides an awful user experience. 

Now, serious, Disciple II ... has 'user experience' ever been an FL goal?  Cool-iciferous! Let's get with the program. Remember when the L4 got a design award, without reference to 'user experience'?

Yesterday (mobile), I finished a chapter in a book I was reading (followed by a large amount of notes and biography). I just wanted to go to the next chapter. It literally took a few minutes to figure out where I was. Then, mis-hits on the TC interface. Finally, 'done'.

Let's leave 'user experience' for Amazon and 'secular' companies.

Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS