We have become friends through the forum

Page 1 of 19 (362 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 361 Replies | 11 Followers

Posts 2243
Tes | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 20 2010 2:07 AM

Of course we are brothers and sisters in the Lord,Isn't it interesting how we are joined together as friends  though the forum as well.some ask and others take time to answer questions.We have also expressed how we feel one another with the posts of Dann.If it doesn't offend any body ,I would like to know to introduce ourselves by mentioning only in which country and city we are.You know some times I find myself laughing and smiling.Before yesterday ,while I was on the phone in different times with different brothers my eyes were concentrated to the forum,and I laughed with out being aware.What I want to say is not to tell you ,what I have done what I shouldn't do,but more interesting is how I enjoy the communication with different brothers and sisters in the forum.So if you just name the country and city you live, I consider it as a valuable present.I would like to thank everybody and logos for giving us this opportunity.

Frankfurt-Germany

God bless everybody.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1109
William Bingham | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 2:41 AM

Well, Tucson, Arizona, USA  here.  I want to go a bit more Tes.  Sorry....I am a career changer.  The Lord has closed doors on my first career ( and for that I am grateful).  I was a Teacher of Mathematics and Physical Sciences to 13-17 year olds.  I believe the Lord is seeming to open a couple of paths.  I am starting in the next month a few courses in biochemistry, physical chemistry, organic chemistry.  In the mean time, my pastor has asked me to teach a lesson and I can see it leading to more.  He has agreed to check out nontraditional paths to enter the ministry.  An opportunity that I was feeling was closed perm. for me.  I will just have to see.  In the summers here we get temperatures that are about 43 degree C  as highs and lows about 30 degree C.

Posts 4508
Forum MVP
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 2:50 AM

Hello Tes,

I'm from West Virginia, USA.

I'm not a Pastor, nor am I even a teacher or any other church office holder.

I just love studying His word...and Logos is a great way to do it!

God bless,

bob

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 16723
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 3:03 AM

Tes:
Frankfurt-Germany

Nice city!

I'm from Melbourne, Australia (another nice city!).

God bless,

Dave
===

Windows PC, Android phone

Posts 175
Stephen Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 3:26 AM

Tes,

Like Dave I come from Australia. But I'm from Sydney which is higher and better than Melbourne.

I am gradually translating the whole Bible. Because I do this while travelling on the train when finished it will be the first trainslation of the Bible.

Because I am old, I am still using Logos 3. Nothing wrong with that .... I am still using WordPro.

Stephen Miller

Sydney, Australia

Posts 8460
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 4:25 AM

Tes:
If it doesn't offend any body ,I would like to know to introduce ourselves by mentioning only in which country and city we are

Asheboro, North Carolina, USA, home of the North Carolina Zoo. I have retired from the US Navy after 20+ years, retired from serving as Pastor after 25+ years, and am now semi-retired from a family business after 7 years. Now, I teach Sunday School and a Home Bible Study, and try to help my Pastor.

Posts 10045
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 4:35 AM

Hi

I live in London, England.

Graham

Posts 1002
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 5:21 AM

Kansas City, Missouri.

In my avatar, I'm wearing a KC Royals baseball cap with the stadium behind me. I'm a huge fan.

Posts 3160
Forum MVP
Dan DeVilder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 5:39 AM

hey Tes,

I live in Monroe, Michigan, just south of Detroit on Lake Erie.  I was in Miami, FL before that.  I have moved a lot (even lived in Grundy VA, Robert--coal country, a stone's throw form W. Va), even Germany, as you know- Berlin and Munich.  Jack--ever go to the story teller's convention there in Asheboro? Graham, thanks for sticking to the OP guidelines.  You're a stand up guy.  Stick out tongue 

William, didn't know they used Celsius in AZ.  You guys must not be American.  Edwin, did you ever listen to games that Rush Limbaugh announced? 

You guys from Australia . . . . Hooton, I think think Stephen wants to rumble.

HP Pavilion dv 7z 1000   AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM-80 2.10 GHz  3.00 GB RAM 64-bit Win 7

Posts 7265
Forum MVP
Super.Tramp | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 5:41 AM

Tes:
We have also expressed how we feel one another with the posts of Dann.If it doesn't offend any body ,I would like to know to introduce ourselves by mentioning only in which country and city we are

"Tribe of Dan."           I like the sound of that.

I presently live in Oklahoma City,

considering moving to Ireland, Japan, Israel or Ecuador in the next few years. Travel

Any Logos users in County Cork, that can answer logistical questions?Coffee

Posts 1531
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 6:19 AM

Salt Lake City, Utah, USA

Posts 7265
Forum MVP
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 6:49 AM

I've always wanted to visit Frankfurt after taking three years in German in highschool.  Alas.

For the last 12 years I've pastored in Moweaqua, Illinois - USA.

Posts 1778
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 7:00 AM

Lome, Togo - West Africa

Logos for Mac - Wiki Page and FAQ

Posts 2227
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 7:05 AM

Graham Criddle:

Hi

I live in London, England.

Same here. London, England.

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 2411
Forum MVP
Fredc | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 7:10 AM

Warrior, Alabama (thats about 25 miles north of Birmingham)

USA

Logos 5 Get the FAQ's

Grow in your personal relationship with Christ; so you can help others come into and grow in a personal relationship with Christ

Posts 291
Kaye Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 7:21 AM

Poolesville, Maryland, USA.  It's a tiny rural place about 30 minutes above Washington, DC.  I'm tying up ends here to move.  I am a retired nurse, currently employed as a database analyst for a non-profit.

I am restless, waiting to see what my real calling is now that I am back in the Word and listening to God's voice again.  Neither my occupation nor my location feels right now.

Dan, your summary of everyone's posts made me laugh out loud!  :-)

Very nice to meet you, Tes!  And everyone else!

"But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  2 Timothy 4:5 (NASB)

Posts 2
Gerben Groenewoud | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 8:18 AM

Well, this is the first time I am writing. I am from Maarssen, the Netherlands. I read the forums quite often, but this is the first time I am reacting. God bless you too.

Posts 5099
Forum MVP
Richard DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 8:32 AM

I live in the unincorporated village of Alger between Bellingham and Burlington, WA, USA.

I'm a pastor in the Christian Reformed denomination, and a volunteer firefighter/captain here in the local, county fire district.

Help links: WIKI;   Videos; Logos 5 FAQ (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 1362
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 8:39 AM

Graham and Ted, are you going to Morris Procter's seminar in London in Feb? Maybe we can meet up?   I hope to make a trip back to England for that!  I used to live in London, but have been in Albania for the last 17 years.  I teach the Bible via storying and bind up wounds and burns on the side in a small Muslim village.  

Posts 2608
Forum MVP
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 8:45 AM

I live and pastor the church in Cesky Tesin, the oldest town of the Ostrava metropolitan area in the Czech Republic. This year our church celebrated 100 years of existence and our town 1200 years since its legendary beginning. It used to be the capital of the Austrian Silesia. Our town is devided between Czech Republic and Poland, it used to be called in the past Teshen in German or Cieszyn in Polish.

You can find some more information about Silesia here and about the Teschen Silesia (The Duchy of Teshen) here.

Bohuslav

Page 1 of 19 (362 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS