We have become friends through the forum

Page 15 of 21 (414 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last »
This post has 413 Replies | 13 Followers

Posts 53
Paul Bradley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 17 2011 2:41 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am a student (BRS) just to gain more knowledge. I have been a christian now for 2 and a half years. I attend Ballygrainey Presbyterian Church in Bangor Northern Ireland. I have one son aged 2 and im loving every minute of fatherhood. My wife bought me Logos 4 (Scholars Library) when it first came out  and i was totally overwhelmed by this fantastic software, however this wonderful discussion board helped me immensley. I therefore would like to say thank you to all who contribute to these forums, you make learning joyful.

Paul.

Ballygrainey Presbyterian Church, Northern Ireland - Loving, Serving and Sharing Christ.

Posts 3031
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 18 2011 12:06 AM

Paul Bradley:

Hi Everyone,

I am a student (BRS) just to gain more knowledge. I have been a christian now for 2 and a half years. I attend Ballygrainey Presbyterian Church in Bangor Northern Ireland. I have one son aged 2 and im loving every minute of fatherhood. My wife bought me Logos 4 (Scholars Library) when it first came out  and i was totally overwhelmed by this fantastic software, however this wonderful discussion board helped me immensley. I therefore would like to say thank you to all who contribute to these forums, you make learning joyful.

Paul.

Welcome Paul

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 236
Michael March | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 18 2011 6:00 AM

Andreas Holmberg:

I'm a pastor in the Lutheran Church of Sweden. Since five years back I lead a parish that is set in a very multicultural and multifaith suburb of Stockholm (yes, there are both Eritreans and Ethiopians in our church among many other nationalities).

Before that my wife and I worked as missionaries within the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Tanzania for a couple of years. I taught at a Bible school (training evangelists) in the southern highlands of Tanzania (Kidugala, tiny place) and later at Mwika Theological College on the slopes of Kilimanjaro training pastors. I used Swahili when teaching in Tanzania (and now have Swahilispeakers in church) so talking about Bible translations in Logos - besides Slovak and Amharic - let's not forget Swahili. It's a huge language spoken by millions of people in several East African countries.

I've used Logos on and off since 1997 but have started using it much more frequently this past year. Personally, I think Logos 4 was a great leap forward.

God bless!

I have a good friend who grew up with the ELCA in Tanzania and out in the bush.  Have you heard of Harold Faust, he was there for thirty years, but that was probably thirty years ago. 

Windows PC - Android Phone - Surface Pro 4

Posts 205
Oldnewbie | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 18 2011 7:54 AM

I'm a minister at a local church in Houston, Texas, USA.  I've been using Logos for about 3 years now.  This is my first post as I have just started really looking at the forums.  Thanks to all for your desire to help us newbies and willingness to share!!

Posts 10739
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 18 2011 1:28 PM

Oldnewbie:
This is my first post as I have just started really looking at the forums.  Thanks to all for your desire to help us newbies and willingness to share!!

Feel free to ask your Logos related questions. It does help to get a swifter answer if you try to post in the appropriate forum.

Posts 995
Richard Wardman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 18 2011 1:42 PM

I'm an Assistant Pastor of a Baptist Church in Lincoln, UK.  I'm also an MTh student with Wales Evangelical School of Theology in South Wales.

Enjoying the help and fellowship of the Logos Forums.  Thanks all!

Posts 83
rksaw | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 18 2011 2:02 PM

Hey all,

I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself.  My name is Richard and I pastor a small church in the Portland, Oregon Metro area.  My church is tied in with a group called Village Missions (www.village-missions.org), a mission organization that supplies leadership to churches that may not otherwise be able to support a pastor full-time.

I am happily married and have been blessed with two great kids that are growing up way too fast.

It is a pleasure to meet you all and I look forward to many other discussions in the future.

God Bless,

Rich

Posts 3031
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 23 2011 11:37 AM

Oldnewbie:

I'm a minister at a local church in Houston, Texas, USA.  I've been using Logos for about 3 years now.  This is my first post as I have just started really looking at the forums.  Thanks to all for your desire to help us newbies and willingness to share!!

Welcome to the forum Oldnewble

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 3031
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 29 2011 11:23 AM

Michael March:
besides Slovak and Amharic - let's not forget Swahili. It's a huge language spoken by millions of people in several East African countries.
Michael March:
I'm a pastor in the Lutheran Church of Sweden. Since five years back I lead a parish that is set in a very multicultural and multifaith suburb of Stockholm (yes, there are both Eritreans and Ethiopians in our church among many other nationalities

)

Hi, Michael, Wow, great to hear that.My ancestors were among the first ones who embraced the missionaries who came to Eritrea,Before about 24yrs I read a book in English,printed in Sweden.So the ancient Sweden Missionaries contributed and paid a tremendous  sacrificial to bring the Gospel tp our country,the Missionary center was "Bleza" ,about 12 km away from the capital city of Eritrea ,Asmara,one of them was  the "priest Solomon"' I am the fourth generation of his brother ,who was a Coptic priest before his conversion.I read in the book , that were martyrs,who were murdered ,for their faith.

Michael March:
besides Slovak and Amharic - let's not forget Swahili. It's a huge language spoken by millions of people in several East African countries.

You are absolutely correct Swahili is a language which is spoken by many people in Africa, even though we in Eritrea and Ethiopia have our Geez,I hope Logos  will be some day ware of these languages,

May the Lord bless your house hold and your ministry.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 3031
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 29 2011 11:36 AM

Hi, Michael, Wow, great to hear that.,Before about 24yrs I read a book in English,printed in Sweden.So the ancient Sweden Missionaries contributed and paid a tremendous  sacrificial to bring the Gospel to our country, I read in the book , there  were martyrs,who were murdered for their faith.the Missionary center was "Beleza" ,about 12 km away from the capital city of Eritrea ,Asmara.My ancestors were among the first ones who embraced the missionaries who came to Eritrea one of them was  the "priest Solomon" I am the fourth generation of his brother ,who was a Coptic arthodox priest before his conversion. 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 8893
fgh | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 29 2011 11:51 AM

Tes:
Hi, Michael, Wow, great to hear that.

Hi Tes. I think you must have been fooled by the forum software's 'funny' way of quoting. The Swede you're quoting is called Andreas Holmberg, not Michael March, and you have actually already written a greeting to him on the page before this one: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/20083/190285.aspx#190285.

"The Christian way of life isn't so much an assignment to be performed, as a gift to be received."  Wilfrid Stinissen

Mac Pro OS 10.9.

Posts 3031
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 29 2011 12:00 PM

fgh:

Tes:
Hi, Michael, Wow, great to hear that.

Hi Tes. I think you must have been fooled by the forum software's 'funny' way of quoting. The Swede you're quoting is called Andreas Holmberg, not Michael March, and you have actually already written a greeting to him on the page before this one: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/20083/190285.aspx#190285.

Thank you fgh ,sorry ,but I will not withold the greating .let it be for every body.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 3031
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 29 2011 12:12 PM

Andreas Holmberg:

I'm a pastor in the Lutheran Church of Sweden. Since five years back I lead a parish that is set in a very multicultural and multifaith suburb of Stockholm (yes, there are both Eritreans and Ethiopians in our church among many other nationalities).

Before that my wife and I worked as missionaries within the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Tanzania for a couple of years. I taught at a Bible school (training evangelists) in the southern highlands of Tanzania (Kidugala, tiny place) and later at Mwika Theological College on the slopes of Kilimanjaro training pastors. I used Swahili when teaching in Tanzania (and now have Swahilispeakers in church) so talking about Bible translations in Logos - besides Slovak and Amharic - let's not forget Swahili. It's a huge language spoken by millions of people in several East African countries.

I've used Logos on and off since 1997 but have started using it much more frequently this past year. Personally, I think Logos 4 was a great leap forward.

God bless!

I great you Andreas in wonderful name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,Wow, great to hear that.,Before about 24yrs I read a book in English,printed in Sweden.So the ancient Sweden Missionaries contributed and paid a tremendous  sacrificial to bring the Gospel to our country, I read in the book , there  were martyrs,who were murdered for their faith.the Missionary center was "Beleza" ,about 12 km away from the capital city of Eritrea ,Asmara.My ancestors were among the first ones who embraced the missionaries who came to Eritrea one of them was  the "priest Solomon" I am the fourth generation of his brother ,who was a Coptic arthodox priest before his conversion. 

You are absolutely correct Swahili is a language which is spoken by many people in Africa, even though we in Eritrea and Ethiopia have our Geez,I hope Logos  will be some day ware of these languages,

May the Lord bless your house hold and your ministry.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 291
Bob Schlessman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 30 2011 4:47 AM

I am a former engineer who turned to the ministry in 2004 after the company where I worked was closed. I returned to school and earned my Bachelor's degree in General Ministry. I am currently serving a small congregation in Palmyra, Illinois and have been here for a year and a half. I previously served five years in another small congregation across the state.  I have used Logos software for four and a half years, having upgraded to Logos 4 when it was first released.

I too appreciate very much the time and effort that so many Logos users put into helping others on these forums. I have had many questions answered here and those answers have helped me to use the software more effectively. However, I am learning (recently) that this is not the place to get into deep discussions about our different doctrines and beliefs nor to debate interpretations of Scripture. Those types of discussions are best left to in person, face to face conversations.

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 1 2011 1:36 PM

Pierce:

Well Rudolf. One more here, that is up for Slovak Bible translations!  Smile

Hello Pierce. Yes! We need all Slovak Translations in Logos. Hopefully we will see not only Czech ones (I hope will do soon Wink) but also Slovak, Polish, Hungarian etc. It would be great if you would write to suggest AT logos.com email to ask for the particular Slovak Translation. Also find out the publisher address and other info and send it to Logos.

Blessings

P.S. Sorry, I just noticed your comment on my profile from December. I apologize for not seeing it earlier.

Bohuslav

Posts 3578
steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 28 2011 11:15 AM

Hi Ghebre,

we have become friends. i live in Texas and i am an unemployed engineer. i too enjoy the fellowship we have here on the forum!

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 3031
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 1 2011 9:13 AM

Welcome steve we have become brothers and friends.Praise the Lord!

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 2 2011 11:57 PM

Edwin, I'm in Merriam, KS.

Posts 3031
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 3 2011 7:52 AM

Gary Butner:

Edwin, I'm in Merriam, KS.

Welcome brother Edwin. Psalm 133:1

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 759
Tobias Lampert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 4 2011 3:44 AM

Hello everyone! I've been part of the Logos forums for a couple of months now and do appreciate all the help and opportunities coming along with it. For any details on my person, just check out my profile. In case there are any German Logos 4 users out there, it would be great to join this thread.

"Mach's wie Gott - werde Mensch!" | theolobias.de

Page 15 of 21 (414 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 Next > ... Last » | RSS