We have become friends through the forum

Page 2 of 21 (412 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 411 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 8:56 AM

Bohuslav,

I'm sure I must have at least been  through Cesky Tesin on my travels, tho I spent more time in Nova Paka, Kyjov, Olomouc.  I forget now.  I have to  confess I actually spent most of my time in Slovakia.  Celebrated the Velvet Revolution partly in Prague (as I walked down Bartolomejska I was actually followed by a guy who was obviously STB, but not yet aware that he'd been dissolved - till I turned round and started following him - and then he disappeared!!) and mostly in Presov.  I haven't been back to Czech Republic and Slovakia since democracy as I was spending all my free time in Albania before coming to live here permanently in 1993.

Posts 2636
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 9:02 AM

nicky crane:

Graham and Ted, are you going to Morris Procter's seminar in London in Feb? Maybe we can meet up?   I hope to make a trip back to England for that!  I used to live in London, but have been in Albania for the last 17 years.  I teach the Bible via storying and bind up wounds and burns on the side in a small Muslim village.  

Did not know there was a Morris seminar in London? Thanks for the info, and Yes if it takes off it will be nice to meet another Logos user.

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 10288
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 9:04 AM

Dan DeVilder:
Jack--ever go to the story teller's convention there in Asheboro?

I grew up here, but left immediately after high school in 1955. I moved back to Asheboro in 2005. In all that time, I have not heard of the story teller's convention, although I do know a few who can tell some tall tales. Do you have any more information? You haven't confused Asheboro with Asheville have you?

EDIT: My wife just informed me that Dan knows more about my hometown than I do. Geeked

Mac Logs | PC Logs | Install 

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 9:05 AM

nicky crane:

Bohuslav,

I'm sure I must have at least been  through Cesky Tesin on my travels, tho I spent more time in Nova Paka, Kyjov, Olomouc.  I forget now.  I have to  confess I actually spent most of my time in Slovakia.  Celebrated the Velvet Revolution partly in Prague (as I walked down Bartolomejska I was actually followed by a guy who was obviously STB, but not yet aware that he'd been dissolved - till I turned round and started following him - and then he disappeared!!) and mostly in Presov.  I haven't been back to Czech Republic and Slovakia since democracy as I was spending all my free time in Albania before coming to live here permanently in 1993.

Great to hear that Nicky,

On your travels from Prague to Presov (Slovakia) you probably passed trough our town. Main train track from Prague to Slovakia goes through our place. This railway has been one of the reasons our town had been cut in two parts between Poland and Czechoslovakia after WW One (to keep it in one country) Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 847
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 9:06 AM

Aplington, IA, USA

Posts 2733
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 9:08 AM

Ted Hans:

Did not know there was a Morris seminar in London? Thanks for the info, and Yes if it takes off it will be nice to meet another Logos user.

Ted

Ted, if you hear about the Logos Seminar in London, let me know. I would be very happy to come and take part of that event (much closer than US) Smile

Bohuslav

Posts 1374
nicky crane | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 9:12 AM

Ted,

Sometime around 15th Feb at Proclamation Trust if I'm not mistaken. There's a taster and a full seminar.  My one hesitation is the weather this end.  My neighbour housesits and is not always effective at thawing frozen pipes, sometimes with expensive consequences.  But Global Warming has reduced this risk!

Where are you in London?  I usually stay with friends in Beckenham.

Posts 1144
William | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 9:26 AM

Dan DeVilder:
William, didn't know they used Celsius in AZ.  You guys must not be American.

Dan, No Arizonans are American.  Now, when I lived in New Mexico......That was a foreign country.  Seriously, on a couple of occasions I was asked to add foreign postage from a Post Office in Norfolk, VA. 

I use Celsius for a couple of reasons.  The rest of the world has it right.  Celsius is God's scale for temperature. Smile

Posts 20570
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 9:28 AM

nicky crane:
Graham and Ted, are you going to Morris Procter's seminar in London in Feb? Maybe we can meet up?   I hope to make a trip back to England for that!  I used to live in London, but have been in Albania for the last 17 years.  I teach the Bible via storying and bind up wounds and burns on the side in a small Muslim village.

Nicky, thanks for that. I had missed the announcement.

I am just checking on the dates, I think I might have a prior commitment.

Graham

Posts 6463
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 10:10 AM

Pastor for 15 years. Nassau, Bahamas.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 1351
Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 10:20 AM

Dan DeVilder:

Edwin, did you ever listen to games that Rush Limbaugh announced? 

Rush worked for the Royals shortly before I moved to KC. He never announced. He was in charge of pregame activities like scheduling the first pitch and the national anthem. He and George Brett are good friends. He moved to Sacremento from KC.

Posts 686
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 10:38 AM

Pastor in the cornfields of south central Illinois.

Olney, Illinois, USA

Before that, I lived in Missouri, Michigan, Texas, and Alaska.

Jerry

Win7 - - Intel Core i3, 530 @ 2 .93GHz - - 6GB RAM ATI Radeon HD Samsung 500GB SSD

Burning Bush Ministries

Posts 2277
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 10:48 AM

Ted Hans:

Same here. London, England.

Ted

I'm a little further North: Greater Manchester, UK.

I hope you don't mind me prying, but given you are in London, I wondered if you are, perhaps, the Ted Hans mentioned in the acknowledgements of Mr Adrian Warnock's Risen With Christ? Apologies for asking, but curiosity got the better of me Tongue Tied!

Posts 18244
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 10:57 AM

I'm an American living in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. The best city in the world to live, according to several different published rankings. I originally came up here from Seattle in 1996 to attend Regent College (international graduate school of Christian studies), got my Masters degree in 2004, and ended up settling in Vancouver. The work I do I could do from just about anywhere, so I decided to choose a place to live that I love and that has easy connections with the network of friends and collaborators I've made through Regent. I've been a "permanent resident" of Canada since 2006. Not planning to apply for citizenship since I still feel very much like an American, but I do find myself slipping into Canadianisms every once in a while, eh? Smile And I still can't think in Celsius!

Posts 2277
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 10:59 AM

nicky crane:

are you going to Morris Procter's seminar in London in Feb?

Hi Nicky,

Thanks for highlighting this, I had missed it completely.

I had been hoping that Camp Logos might come to the UK.

Posts 1873
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 11:01 AM

I am a minister in the Church of Scotland in Banff (the original) linked with King Edward in North-East Scotland. Aged 63 now, I was planning to retire to Portessie, a little hamlet on the outskirts of Buckie about 20 miles away, but the Lord has other plans and I have just accepted a call to be the minister until I'm 70 in Buckie South & West linked with Enzie (pronounced Ingy - Portgordon) Parish Churches. So I'll be moving in about six weeks time.

I've just submitted my PhD thesis to University of Aberdeen and am preparing to defend it in the next two months.

I have never left my native shores (I have been to England a few times) but being part of this forum fellowship makes me feel a real internationalist. [Maybe that's the Lord preparing me for glory (Galatians 3:28).] Big Smile

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 40
Hector Marquez | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 11:45 AM

I live in Vega Baja, Puerto Rico.  Most of my life I've spent in the island although worked for around three years in Norwich, New York.  Currently waiting for the Lord's direction regarding my next work assignment, be it either ion Puerto Rico or the states.   

Posts 2636
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 3:46 PM

Andy Evans:
I wondered if you are, perhaps, the Ted Hans mentioned in the acknowledgements of Mr Adrian Warnock's Risen With Christ? Apologies for asking, but curiosity got the better of me Tongue Tied

Yes, that's me. Great book from Adrian can't wait for it to get into the development stage in Logos. The book is that good I wished I wrote it but then again I am glad my name got in thereSmile.

Ted

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 2636
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 3:51 PM

nicky crane:
Where are you in London?  I usually stay with friends in Beckenham.

Interesting very close to my end in Bellingham (Catford).

nicky crane:
Sometime around 15th Feb at Proclamation Trust if I'm not mistaken. There's a taster and a full seminar

I need to pen this into my diary. How can i get info on this?

Ted.

Posts 3712
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 20 2010 4:18 PM

Jack Caviness:

You haven't confused Asheboro with Asheville have you?

EDIT: My wife just informed me that Dan knows more about my hometown than I do.

i hate to go against your wife and side with you, but, alas, you are correct!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Page 2 of 21 (412 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS