4.1beta2 Bug: Printing Passage Lists still has too much white space

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jul 20 2010 6:31 PM | Locked

Shouldn't we be able to get more than 5 or 6 verses on one page?  I'd like some formatting options.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 10549
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 3:37 AM | Locked

Todd Phillips:
Shouldn't we be able to get more than 5 or 6 verses on one page?  I'd like some formatting options.

Agreed. There is especially too much space between the passage title and the verses.

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 3:56 AM | Locked

Todd Phillips:

Two column is better but the passage names are fully expanded compared to the compact names from a Bible Search. Some options would be very useful.

But

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 10549
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 6:02 AM | Locked

Dave Hooton:
Two column is better

Where did you find two column?

Posts 21919
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 6:40 AM | Locked

Hi Jack

I assume that Dave got the two columns by doing a "verses search" and adding an extra resource to the display and then print/exporting that.

Graham

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 8:07 AM | Locked

Report submitted. Thanks.

Posts 10549
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 8:40 AM | Locked

Graham Criddle:
I assume that Dave got the two columns by doing a "verses search" and adding an extra resource to the display and then print/exporting that.

Thank you Graham. I suppose I should have looked at the screen shot more closely.

I note that there is a long distance between the references and the Scripture.

Posts 24928
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 9:05 AM | Locked

Jack Caviness:

Graham Criddle:

Thank you Graham. I suppose I should have looked at the screen shot more closely.

I added an extra resource to a Passage List, although it could be done from Search Results as suggested!

Jack Caviness:
I note that there is a long distance between the references and the Scripture.

That long distance prompted me to agree that some options would be desirable.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 293
Mike Measley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 9:57 AM | Locked

I did a two column print of a search result with two bible versions.  I love being able to print this out!  It is exactly what I needed for my class this Sunday.

A couple thoughts:  

1. Could we have some control over the column sizes?
  2. The Bible columns were right on top of each other, making it harder to read.  I exported to RTF and adjusted things in Word, but the default should allow some space between the columns.
  3. Could we have a dialog that would allow for editing the Headers and Footers on the page?

Windows 7, Nexus 7

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 22 2010 3:16 PM | Locked

The Bible search results (Verses view) prints the way it looks on the screen.  I would expect the Passage List to do the same (and use basically the same layout as the search results).

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 5613
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 10:04 AM | Locked

Passage list printing is definitely improved.  But why doesn't it print like it looks in the passage list window, in a table format, with the reference on the left and the verse beside it?  Search results print that way, and it is so much more compact. Example:

Both options would be nice, but the way the search results print is the best and can be modified easily in Word, if needed.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 28 2010 11:25 AM | Locked

Todd Phillips:
Passage list printing is definitely improved.  But why doesn't it print like it looks in the passage list window, in a table format, with the reference on the left and the verse beside it?  Search results print that way, and it is so much more compact.

This has been requested: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/19722.aspx.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS