What about Visual Filter Collections?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 21 2010 10:05 PM

Hello, When I read my bible with a certain mindset, I highlight every verse that explains and further supports the truth of that mindset. If I have multiple reading times with different mindsets per reading session, I think it would be mighty convenient to be able to pick from the visual filter "drop down" menu the "set or collection" that I have created in the past to continue with that particular mindset. In this way I can use the same bible in many ways.

Thanks!

Posts 26764
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 10:35 PM

Douglas:
I think it would be mighty convenient to be able to pick from the visual filter "drop down" menu the "set or collection" that I have created in the past to continue with that particular mindset.

I'm  a little confused as to whether you mean highlighting or visual filters. Are you aware that you can build your own highlighting palette?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 10:59 PM

Hello,

Well, what I am trying to communicate is if I highlight verses in Jer chapter one to go with a particular study in the KJV. I would like to come back tomorrow, using the KJV, and highlight a separate set of verses possibly in the same chapter during a different study without seeing the highlighted verses from yesterday, but like Visual Filters, be able to turn which ever "highlighted" set of verses on that I want to when I need.

Thanks.

Posts 26764
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2010 11:04 PM

Okay, I think that custom palettes should work for you. Read http://wiki.logos.com/Highlighting and if you have questions, post them here. I have palettes designed for original language, palettes for particular Bible study methods etc. 

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 21990
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 22 2010 12:11 AM

MJ.

What I think the OP is asking for (and certainly I would like this feature) is the ability to "remove" old highlighting when going back to the same passage for subsequent study and then have the ability to "restore it" when going back to it again to continue the original study.

So, its really asking for "switchable highlights".

As far as I can see the custom palettes (or any style of highlighting) don't provide this feature.

If they do, can you please show  how it can be done?

Thanks

Graham

Posts 26764
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 22 2010 1:14 AM

Graham Criddle:
If they do, can you please show  how it can be done?

What, you want me to disturb the cat so I can see to get a screen shot?

Picture 1 - no highlighting requested in the filter menu

So now I do nothing but turn on one highlighting style:

So I turn off that filter and turn on another highlighting palette

I can have as many or as few highlighting palettes showing as I wish.

Posts 21990
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 22 2010 1:47 AM

Thanks MJ.

I had no idea you could do that - this is very powerful

Graham

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 22 2010 5:40 AM

Helo,

I would like to be able name the "highlighting collections" myself, like with Visual Filters. If I use only the existing "pallets", I am stuck with the particular settings "pre-programmed" for the last study.

Thanks!

Posts 687
Douglas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 22 2010 5:41 AM

Hello,

What is an OP?  :)

Posts 3809
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 22 2010 5:48 AM

Douglas:

Hello,

What is an OP?  :)

OP = Original Poster... :-)

Posts 21990
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 22 2010 6:43 AM

Douglas:
I would like to be able name the "highlighting collections" myself, like with Visual Filters. If I use only the existing "pallets", I am stuck with the particular settings "pre-programmed" for the last study.

Hi Douglas

In MJ's screen shots she is using palettes which she has created and named herself which then appear in the visual fllters.

To create your own palette, open the highlighting panel, right-click anywhere and select the "Create a new palette" option.

This will then appear in the highlighting panel and you can create your own highlights within it.

Hope this helps

Graham

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS