Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 32
James H. Schafer | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 26 2021 4:06 PM

Looking for any answers to questions about the CBL:

On my https://www.logos.com/wordsearch/library-migration page, I see there are 70 CBL resources that are listed as "Available." However, in my Logos library, I only have 63 of them and several of those have NO text on the pages, they are BLANK, even the Title page, etc.

I did a spreadsheet to compare and I found these in my library, not listed on the migration page:

Gilbrant, T. (1991). The Complete Biblical Library Greek-English Dictionary: Sigma-Omega. WORDsearch.
Complete Biblical Library Interlinear Bible: New Testament. (2013). Bellingham, WA: WORDsearch.
Complete Biblical Library Interlinear Bible: Old Testament. (2013). Bellingham, WA: WORDsearch.
Gilbrant, T. (1986). The Complete Biblical Library: Harmony of the Gospels. WORDsearch.
Gilbrant, T. (1991). The New Testament Greek-English Dictionary. WORDsearch.
Gilbrant, T. (1998). The Old Testament Hebrew-English Dictionary. WORDsearch.

These are on the migration page, but I have no way to determine what they really are even though the title says Dictionary.

2.3382 The New Testament Greek-English Dictionary The Complete Biblical Library Available Logos Research
2.3389 The New Testament Greek-English Dictionary The Complete Biblical Library Available Logos Research
2.3396 The New Testament Greek-English Dictionary The Complete Biblical Library Available Logos Research
2.3403 The New Testament Greek-English Dictionary The Complete Biblical Library Available Logos Research
2.341 The New Testament Greek-English Dictionary The Complete Biblical Library Available Logos Research
2.3424 The New Testament Greek-English Dictionary The Complete Biblical Library Available Logos Research
2.3431 The Old Testament Hebrew-English Dictionary The Complete Biblical Library Available Logos Research
2.3438 The Old Testament Hebrew-English Dictionary The Complete Biblical Library Available Logos Research
2.609 The Old Testament Hebrew-English Dictionary The Complete Biblical Library Available Logos Research
2.6097 The Old Testament Hebrew-English Dictionary The Complete Biblical Library Available Logos Research
2.6104 The Old Testament Hebrew-English Dictionary The Complete Biblical Library Available Logos Research
2.6111 The Old Testament Hebrew-English Dictionary The Complete Biblical Library Available Logos Research
2.6118 The Old Testament Hebrew-English Dictionary The Complete Biblical Library Available Logos Research

I do realize several of these are still listed as "eBooks" and that means there is a lot of work yet to be done, but there are numerous volumes in other resources that have come over as eBooks and at least there was data available, not up to Logos standards, but at least we can tell work is being or will be done.

This is a really great tool and I sure hope the Logos Team can get it put back together so it can be used.

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

James H. Schafer:
several of those have NO text on the pages, they are BLANK, even the Title page, etc.

Which resources have this problem?

James H. Schafer:

I did a spreadsheet to compare and I found these in my library, not listed on the migration page:

Gilbrant, T. (1991). The Complete Biblical Library Greek-English Dictionary: Sigma-Omega. WORDsearch.
Complete Biblical Library Interlinear Bible: New Testament. (2013). Bellingham, WA: WORDsearch.
Complete Biblical Library Interlinear Bible: Old Testament. (2013). Bellingham, WA: WORDsearch.
Gilbrant, T. (1986). The Complete Biblical Library: Harmony of the Gospels. WORDsearch.
Gilbrant, T. (1991). The New Testament Greek-English Dictionary. WORDsearch.
Gilbrant, T. (1998). The Old Testament Hebrew-English Dictionary. WORDsearch.

I see these listed as:

• 0:3372 (likely an error; see below)
  • 0:3514
  • 0:3877
  • 0:3366
  • 0:3367 through 0:3373 (note that 0:3372 appears to be an alignment error; I have notified the team)
  • 0:3374 through 0:3375, 0:3757 through 0:3761

James H. Schafer:
These are on the migration page, but I have no way to determine what they really are even though the title says Dictionary.

Wordsearch split the Greek dictionary into six different resources, and the Hebrew into seven. In Logos, these will be combined into one resource each for Greek and Hebrew. (That is why the title is listed multiple times.) You should have both of these resources in your library already.

Posts 32
James H. Schafer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2021 1:08 PM

James H. Schafer:
several of those have NO text on the pages, they are BLANK, even the Title page, etc.

Which resources have this problem?

============

Thanks, Bradley, for your response, not been able to get back to respond.

The resources that have NO data or information in them other than the sidebar (Oh, some of them do have my note tags) are

All of the Various Versions Text and there are 23 of them, all empty.

The sidebar index for ALL of these resources leaves a lot to be desired. Wordsearch beat Logos here for sure. Resources in Logos are going to be very difficult to maneuver around in, but I guess we will learn.

Posts 1663
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2021 4:07 PM

James H. Schafer:

The sidebar index for ALL of these resources leaves a lot to be desired. Wordsearch beat Logos here for sure. Resources in Logos are going to be very difficult to maneuver around in, but I guess we will learn.

We're in the process of updating these. It will make them much easier to navigate.

Posts 32
James H. Schafer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2021 4:27 PM

Thanks, Kyle, any word about the Various Versions Text resources?

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

James H. Schafer:

any word about the Various Versions Text resources?

I see text in these resources. Do you have the "Bible Text Only" visual filter turned on? Try turning it off.

Posts 32
James H. Schafer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 30 2021 10:22 AM

Thanks, Bradley, Yes, I do have Bible Text selected and when I unchecked it in one of the volumes the text appeared. Strange since they are all Type\Bible, you would think that would not be an issue.

Since these are all eBooks, I would hope this would not be an issue going forward, but in the mean time is there a way to clear that check mark without having to find each individual volume and doing so?

Thanks again!!

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

James H. Schafer:

Thanks, Bradley, Yes, I do have Bible Text selected and when I unchecked it in one of the volumes the text appeared. Strange since they are all Type\Bible, you would think that would not be an issue.

Since these are all eBooks, I would hope this would not be an issue going forward, but in the mean time is there a way to clear that check mark without having to find each individual volume and doing so?

It's likely an artifact of these resources being Ebooks, and not formatted to Logos Edition standards.

On the visual filter menu, there's a triangle at the right that displays a drop-down menu with the command "Do not show in any resources". This will disable the Bible Text Only visual filter for these 23 resources, but also all your other Bibles. You can turn it back on one-at-a-time.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS