Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 121
Scott Yip | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 30 2009 7:04 AM

Hi,

.........I just buy the "Lexham Discourse Greek New Testament Bundle" but not

the "Discourse Grammar of the Greek New Testament"?

Is the 2nd one just a manual or explanations of the 1st one? Or are there indepth studies only available there?

Blessings,
Scott

Posts 21
LogosEmployee
Dr. Steven E. Runge (Logos) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2009 10:36 AM

Scott,

I would encourage you to take a look at the excerpt of the draft version available for preview at www.ntdiscourse.org/publications. The grammar is meant as a stand-alone volume, and is being used in advanced exegesis classes, from what I understand. Each of the analyzed devices from the LDGNT is considered in depth, beginning with their treatment by traditional grammarians. The book is intended to be a bridge into discourse studies for those without much background, and are primarily familiar with Wallace, Robertson and BDF. Take a look and see what you think.

Steve Runge

Logos Bible Software

Posts 121
Scott Yip | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2009 9:27 PM

Hi Steve,

I am surprised to see a reply from you. It is nice to meet you here. I enjoyed your video a lot.

Thanks for your reply. I am looking at the PDF files. I am pondering on that you said the book is 'familiar' with Wallace. I suppose you are saying "Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics: An Exegetical Syntax of the New Testament". I am interested to see how these 2 books complement or differ from each other.

Thank you so much.

Scott

Hong Kong Alliance Bible Seminary

M. Div student

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS