Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1
personaltouch | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 29 2010 8:55 AM
Hello to everyone, i would realy appricate if someone can help me get started with my new software i just downloaded Libronix 3 and need help getting started i would like to learn how to have the bible ready to me and see pics ass its reading if thats possible, i do read the bible but would also like to sit back and listen . thanks if you know if this software is able to do that please let me know and how. thanks again Marilyn
Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2010 9:12 AM

Marylin:
Hello to everyone, i would realy appricate if someone can help me get started with my new software i just downloaded Libronix 3 and need help getting started i would like to learn how to have the bible ready to me and see pics ass its reading if thats possible, i do read the bible but would also like to sit back and listen . thanks if you know if this software is able to do that please let me know and how. thanks again Marilyn

First, you may want to change your screen name here, so that spam bots don't find you. Here's how:

http://wiki.logos.com/Changing_Forum_Display_Name

As to your question, Libronix had a beta addin that would read aloud, but I don't think it's available any more. I don't think it was ever released beyond the beta stage, but I could be wrong. There is no ability to see pics as it's reading in version 4 (the latest release).

The reading module that is available in Logos4 uses the Windows built in text reader, so quality is something less than a real person reading the Bible to you. If that's not an issue you may want to consider upgrading to Logos 4. The free engine is found here in the following URL, though I'm unsure if the free engine includes the text reader module:

http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/Installer/Logos4Setup.exe

But you won't get the full benefit of Logos 4 without a cross-grade or upgrade. Review the promotional material found on Logos main web page by clicking on the words "Click here to learn more" at the bottom of this page:

http://www.logos.com/

EDIT: removed email address from quoted section. Thanks for the reminder Thomas.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2010 9:21 AM

Richard,

You also should edit your post and remove mjpertouch's email address from the quote. 

In addition to what Richard said (all of which I heartily endorse.)

mjpertouch:
i would like to learn how to have the bible ready to me and see pics ass its reading if thats possible

To my knowledge, none of the picture resources are versified (tagged with verse references) so seeing pictures as you read is not possible.  If these were versified you could set a linkset  to your Bible and the pics would follow along, but as it is right now: no such capacity.  (I thought that "The Bible and it's Story" was versified but testing proved it was not.)

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS