Problems with mobile version

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Anonymous | | Posted: Thu, Jul 29 2010 10:16 AM

Wow, I didn't know about this.  I had seen the "biblia.com" forum, but assumed it was about Spanish language bible study.  So, I tried biblia.com on my mobile divice (HTC Touch Pro 2, running Windows Mobile 6.5).  It didn't go well.  I opened it up in Opera, but I didn't see any login button.  I clicked on the link to go to the full version and was able to log on there.  However there was no link to go back to the mobile version and so I'm stuck on the full version.  I tried opening it up with Internet Explorer.  It looks like the full version is opening, but no text is being displayed.  Am I just being stupid (won't be the first time.. or the last) or does it just not work on mobile devices?

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2010 10:18 AM

It's not made for mobile devices (yet).  The library.logos.com site is the current one for mobile web browsers.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2010 10:35 AM

The mobile version of the site is still a bit limited. I haven't had time to add a mobile sign in, and you're right-- there is no way to get back to the mobile version, other than clearing your cookies (which will sign you out too). I'll reply to this thread when we have time to get to some of these.

Thanks,

Bryan

Posts 274
Daniel Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2010 11:14 AM

Thanks for this clarification.  I had tried the site from my iPod and my Kindle and both had the same issue.  Your explanation makes perfect sense as to why.  Thanks for the info. 

Anonymous | | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2010 11:57 AM

Thanks.  Can I offer a suggestion?  Distinguish between mobile and non-mobile versions by the URL (m.biblia.com vs. biblia.com, which seems to be the most common practice in my experience) instead of by cookie.  Pretty much every site that does the cookie stuff ends up being an exercise in frustration with different mobile browsers running in different modes.  Look at how library.logos.com still pops up with the beta non-mobile version at random times.

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2010 12:36 PM

Jeffrey Glen Jackson:
Distinguish between mobile and non-mobile versions by the URL (m.biblia.com vs. biblia.com, which seems to be the most common practice in my experience) instead of by cookie.

If I do that, almost all mobile users will land on the non-mobile version & never know about the mobile version. I'd have to detect mobile browsers & redirect to the mobile URL, in which case I'd need to set cookies to remember preferences & then we're back to the exact same situation, except now there are 2 URLs for the same content.

Jeffrey Glen Jackson:
ook at how library.logos.com still pops up with the beta non-mobile version at random times.

That was caused by the server improperly caching responses, and was unrelated to the logic that detects mobile browsers or cookies. Are you still experiencing that behavior? The bug was fixed some time ago...

Anonymous | | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2010 1:07 PM

Last time was 15 days ago.  But I haven't been using it much, mainly because I gave up on being able to rely on it.

Posts 10625
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 29 2010 2:45 PM

Bryan ... I sure hope you don't do a 'force' on detecting a mobile unit. I usually visit sites, whether on the desktop, the portable, or my phone with the assumption of the same site layout. Some sites (our newspaper in Flagstaff AZ, for example) detect a mobile unit and then force you onto their mobile site, no matter what. My impression is that their programmers are desktop people, and aren't familiar with more recent browsers and their capabilities. To date, Logos seems to have a broader perspective.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS