Page 13 of 14 (270 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next >
This post has 269 Replies | 14 Followers

Posts 418
davidphillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2009 3:45 PM

@Sourcecode:

I'm in the same boat, though I'm planning (hoping) on getting an ipod touch rather than an iphone. I'm perfectly content not having to pay an extra $30 a month for a data plan.

Posts 46
Andy Anglea | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2009 7:25 PM

Do you think the latest @Logos tweet ("10...") has anything to do with this?

Posts 708
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2009 7:35 PM

A countdown maybe? If tomorrow it says 9, then I think it is safe to say it is a countdown.

The question will be: A countdown to what?

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 3810
spitzerpl | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2009 7:38 PM

Pastor Jerry Bush:

A countdown maybe? If tomorrow it says 9, then I think it is safe to say it is a countdown.

Jerry

whatever it is...I hope it doesn't involve decimals.

Posts 708
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2009 7:52 PM

Yes. Seeing 9.9 tomorrow would be rough!

Jerry

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 35
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 27 2009 9:23 PM

i dont think is a countdown since Logos doesnt know when apple is going to approve the app. Does anybody noticed the new images the uploaded today ?the one that says "read the bible in a year" (fifth one on the first row to your left) that picture has the date when they submitted the app to apple 10/16/09 and ends the 23rd(picture) , so the app will be in the store very soon.

Posts 28
Jason Prince | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2009 2:54 AM

$10?

Posts 16
Christopher Carlson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2009 6:17 AM

David B Phillips:

@Sourcecode:

I'm in the same boat, though I'm planning (hoping) on getting an ipod touch rather than an iphone. I'm perfectly content not having to pay an extra $30 a month for a data plan.

I received my iTouch as a hand-me-down from my sister (Thanks sis !!!), and it has served me very well. I can't tell you the number of times, though,  that I have found myself wishing I had an iPhone because I wanted to use an app or something and I was not in an area that had Wi-Fi. You might not think so now, but the idea of an always on and always with you internet connection is very powerful. There are many times that you will wish that you had it.

On the other hand, I still haven't upgraded to the iPhone for the exact reason that you described. For me, I just can't justify an additional $30 per month obligation.  It is simply not a viable option.

I sincerely hope that the new Logos application has a provision for completely offline use. I can picture so many ways that this could be useful to me. But if it requires that I have a live connection to the internet to use it, i might as well just be sitting at my PC.

Posts 418
davidphillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2009 6:42 AM

Christopher,

It appears from the screen shots shown that ilogos will readily function offline. That's not to say that certain functions won't requrie on-line access, but reading (I'm confident) and searching (I think) will not.

What will we need on-line access for? (I should note, these are my assumptions based on screenshots and what we've been told, and are not necessarily correct Smile)

• Switching books between our bookshelf(local) and our library(on-line)
  • Possibly running bible word study type reports

Those are the only two I can think of off the top of my head.

Posts 386
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2009 7:50 AM

Pastor Jerry Bush:

Probably ONE :)

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2009 7:54 AM

Clinton Thomas:

Pastor Jerry Bush:

Probably ONE :)

I'm thinking zero.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 452
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2009 8:04 AM

@Sourcecode

Either buy two or don't buy any.  Just saying...

all about Christ,

David Buckham

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 94
Matt B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2009 9:11 AM

I'm posting this here but it could also be in the "10..." topic...

beta.logos.com (One of the hidden sites I found when the graphic hinted at others) used to display a page that said "under construction." Now it errors out. So something has changed there...2 guesses:

1. Power outage related stuff

2. It's up but only accessible to them, everyone else get's an error.

It may be completely unrelated, but the timing all fits!

EDIT: Wow that post is a bit incoherent. I'm thinking beta.logos.com is related to "mlogos," maybe it links to an emulator where they can test the product. If so- beta ends in 10 (now 9) and the product launches. (you think Logos 4 launch would coincide with mLogos?)

Posts 14
Troy M | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 28 2009 9:34 PM

When I was home on R&R, my wife somewhat reluctantly accepted a new iPhone - she was finally happy with my old one she inherited when I left for Afghanistan. However, it is really a great improvement over the older model.  I did notice that my old model sells for $100 which is a deal for what this thing can do.  I'm not getting a new one when I get back (although it would be nice).  My suggestion - if "iLogos" works on the older iPhone, get that one for you and a new one for your wife.  It's hard to go wrong when you put her first - unless she really doesn't want one - then skip all that and pick up the latest.  Smile

Airborne!

Posts 28
Jason Prince | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2009 1:13 PM

Shouldn't we be seeing an App soon?

Posts 767
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2009 4:43 PM

I would love an ipod touch giveaway!!

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2009 9:32 PM

The Logos marketing team has been working, basically around the clock for several weeks now, and almost everyone was in all day today again. We have started posting many new pages that would probably be very interesting. Most of them have natural language URLs, for example: http://www.logos.com/iphone

How many new pages can you find?

Here's a hint, the first one's free: http://www.logos.com/iphone

Posts 2212
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 31 2009 11:36 PM

Dan,

Thank goodness you changed your picture.

Posts 18
Ryan Hall | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 12:09 AM

It's Here!

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=336400266&mt=8

And by the sound of it, Logos 4 is coming right around the corner. If I were to guess, that is probably what the countdown is for...

Posts 184
LogosEmployee
Dan Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 1 2009 12:15 AM

Ryan Hall:
If I were to guess, that is probably what the countdown is for...

Do you mean this countdown?

Zip it!

Page 13 of 14 (270 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 Next > | RSS