4.1 Beta 3: Too much whitespace around wordle when copied to clipboard

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18697
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 1 2010 12:35 AM | Locked

See how much space is around it when I paste it into Word (I've clicked on it to select it so you can see the drag handles which delineate the dimensions of the image):

Please make a smaller bounding rectangle around the graphic. All that whitespace is unnecessary and will usually have to be cropped out in whatever application the user is pasting it into.

Posts 26739
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 1 2010 1:38 AM | Locked

Is this possibly a fixed size - the maximum space the wordle may take?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18697
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 1 2010 3:32 AM | Locked

MJ. Smith:

Is this possibly a fixed size - the maximum space the wordle may take?

It probably is. But it would be nice if Logos would trim it to the smallest necessary bounding rectangle (perhaps with a few pixels of white border included) when copying.

Posts 26739
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 1 2010 11:05 AM | Locked

Rosie Perera:
But it would be nice if Logos would trim it to the smallest necessary bounding rectangle (perhaps with a few pixels of white border included) when copying.

I agree. I was thinking of the ease of accomplishing that which would affect my prioritization.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 18697
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 1 2010 3:59 PM | Locked

MJ. Smith:

Rosie Perera:
But it would be nice if Logos would trim it to the smallest necessary bounding rectangle (perhaps with a few pixels of white border included) when copying.

I agree. I was thinking of the ease of accomplishing that which would affect my prioritization.

Should be about 5-10 lines of code. EDIT: And yeah, not high priority. But this isn't where we prioritize features. This is where we brainstorm and get all the ideas out there on the table.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS