SUGGESTION: topic / key passage

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 27040
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 2 2010 11:41 AM

With the push explain reading lists, I'd like to see the topics portion of the wiki become more visible - specifically by adding to the Passage Guide, a list of the key passages and their topics that fall within the selected reference. It could either be within the current Topics section or as a new independent section.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 763
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 4 2010 1:49 PM

Our information is still a bit splintered here, since (unlike People/Places/Things) we don't yet have destination pages for concepts (topics). When searching, you get the topics whose terms match (along with alternates, reading lists, and the wiki content): when running a Passage Guide, you get those concepts whose references match (and we had key passages: they're due to come back, i believe, in 4.1). But there isn't really one place where all the information about a concept gets gathered together. And i don't believe we've really finalized our strategy for combining the carefully-curated concept information we've done in-house (some, but not all, of which is replicated out on topics.logos.com) with what's contributed via users. I agree that we can do more here, and i hope we will.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS