NIV Study Bible?

Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 44 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 6 2010 9:18 AM

Thomas Wooded:
NIV Study Bible Notes product in the (near?) future?

I would like to have their NIV Serendipity Bible.  This is also a good study Bible.

Posts 570
HansK | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 22 2010 5:11 PM

Any update on the NIV SB. I would like this resource in Logos4.

Hans

MacOS Sierra / Logos 7 Collector's Edition & All Base Packages / Logos Now

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 23 2010 3:05 AM

tom collinge:

Thomas Wooded:
NIV Study Bible Notes product in the (near?) future?

I would like to have their NIV Serendipity Bible.  This is also a good study Bible.

Surprising Logos doesn't have that.  Also, I'd like to see the Quest SB.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 23 2010 4:48 AM

HansK:

Any update on the NIV SB. I would like this resource in Logos4.

Hans

By this Zondervan press release, it looks like the NIV SB may be going to WORDsearch...

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 590
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 23 2010 8:12 PM

I would like to see the Life in  the Spirit study bible.

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 23 2010 8:31 PM

Pastor Jesse Blevins :

You may get more attention from Logos for this request if you started a new thread under suggestions.  I have this study Bible in paper, but it is bulky and I haven't used it much.  Now days I spend less time with paper books.  I might use it a lot more if it was available in Logos.

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 4
jerry | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2011 7:47 AM

I hope to have it too.

Posts 216
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2011 9:24 AM

Pastor Jesse Blevins :

Yes

Posts 1032
Mike Pettit | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2011 9:43 AM

I have never really understood the need to have study Bibles ported to Logos, the genre is useful in printed form but with the ability to link to commentaries of whatever depth you feel like I do not understand the need for study bible notes in Logos unless you are very commentary light.

Posts 3914
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2011 11:04 AM

Mike Pettit:

I have never really understood the need to have study Bibles ported to Logos, the genre is useful in printed form but with the ability to link to commentaries of whatever depth you feel like I do not understand the need for study bible notes in Logos unless you are very commentary light.

Mike, I am generally with you.  I don't refer to them that often.  However, here are a few reasons to depart from that (some that are my own considerations, some which are others')

1. you get their quality maps and charts (ESV SB, eg)
  2. you get quality articles (again, ESVSB) that are good and thorough on their own
  3. you can link it up with daily Bible reading and just get quick insight as you read your Bible.  Think about using that on an iPad in church, or for devotions, for instance.  Rather than wading through a commentary.
  4. A persons commentary section is weak and out-dated.  no coin for new sets . . . Surprise

Anyway, a couple ideas why a person might want it.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 901
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2011 3:04 PM

Mike Pettit:

Agreed.  I've found the study Bibles in Logos to be lackluster by comparison with commentaries.... 

"I read dead people..."

Posts 31355
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2011 5:06 PM

Mike Pettit:
I have never really understood the need to have study Bibles ported to Logos,

When you are developing study materials it is very handy to have what participant's will have in their hands at your fingertips.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 901
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2011 5:13 PM

MJ. Smith:

When you are developing study materials it is very handy to have what participant's will have in their hands at your fingertips.

Post Scofield era, I've never taught a group that all had the same study Bible.  These days, its rare for half the learners to have the same translation. Stick out tongue

"I read dead people..."

Posts 31355
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 29 2011 5:18 PM

Brother Mark:
These days, its rare for half the learners to have the same translation.

This is not my experience. NAB and NRSV pretty much covers it - despite my love of NJB and the Community Bible.

Brother Mark:
Post Scofield era, I've never taught a group that all had the same study Bible

Although there is some variation, I can easily choose a representative sample ... an advantage to being CatholicWink

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3285
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 22 2013 6:04 AM

I was going to purchase the Concordia notes just to find that they are no longer available.... Sad

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 22 2013 10:07 AM

Since this thread mysteriously came back to life, here is something to look forward to

"Along with Don Carson, Desmond Alexander, and Rick Hess, I am editing a completely new NIV Study Bible." - Douglas Moo

http://www.djmoo.com/currentprojects.html

Posts 9534
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 22 2013 10:24 AM

Geo Philips:

Since this thread mysteriously came back to life, here is something to look forward to

"Along with Don Carson, Desmond Alexander, and Rick Hess, I am editing a completely new NIV Study Bible." - Douglas Moo

http://www.djmoo.com/currentprojects.html

Yes! Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 22 2013 12:45 PM

Finally! Now we will know what the Bible really means!

(at least looking at it from an American Evangelical perspective that leans more to the Reformed side)

Wink

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 11530
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 28 2013 12:36 PM

David Taylor Jr:

I was going to purchase the Concordia notes just to find that they are no longer available.... Sad

sure? http://www.logos.com/product/18559/concordia-electronic-theological-library-collection-1 

We had a small group (okay, mostly me) ferreting out the differences of CSSB to NIV SB and putting them into Community Notes: https://faithlife.com/concordia-self-study-bible-users/about 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 28 2013 7:46 PM

Peace, Mick!           *smile*                Welcome back from your vacation; and I trust that it was a Blessing for you and your Loved Ones, eh???

I remember being part of your group -- and I do hope -- when my life gets a bit more manageable -- to get back there               .....     and to a few other FaithLife groups ...

*smile*

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Page 2 of 3 (45 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS