Page 4 of 7 (137 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last »
This post has 136 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 2498
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 29 2010 3:40 PM

David C . Cook should look to Zondervan if they want to see what happens when a publisher becomes a software developer.

Posts 2744
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2010 2:44 AM

John Fidel:

David C . Cook should look to Zondervan if they want to see what happens when a publisher becomes a software developer.

Amen. You are right John Yes

IMHO whole thing of asking for the special permission to use the resources Logos has in their computer versions on the mobile platform is not correct to begin with. iPhone Logos has (or should have) let's say, "derived" right to use the resource on any platform, since they do not sell the resources separately, just for one platform (PC, MAC, iPhone etc.). Their iPhone Logos is bound to the computer version and so do the resources. I see it very illogical for the publishers to expect Logos to ask for any resource (thousands of them) a special permission, that is denied as it looks sometimes because the publisher thinks about having the resource in their own application. It sounds really funny to me, yes, funny! To think that I will buy their application just for one or two books if I have Logos already with all the power of computer Logos behind it and synced.

IMHO it should be understood the same way as having resource displayed on whether PC or MAC version of Logos. It is the same issue. Making it different is only unrealistic (or uninformed, as it looks from the emails above) approach of the publishers.

On the other hand I am thankful to Logos being willing to go that harder way to provide us with all the resources on the iPhone/iPad platform. The question is: will they have to ask permission again for any other platforms like Blackberry, Android etc.? What if they got all the platforms in a new permission but in 5 years market will give us totally new and different option? It just proves my point above.

Bohuslav

Posts 32
Richard Stimson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2010 6:09 AM

Hey folks we should all be contacting David C. Cook.  It appears that they now want to comeout with their own software.  I used BKC on my Palm with Olivetree.  So there has been an approved mobile version in the past.  I am really disappointed in David C. Cook.

Posts 87
Ray D | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 30 2010 8:52 PM

Jeremy:

If David C. Cook thinks I am going to pay for any book on their mobile device that I have already paid for with Logos they are crazy. 

Yes +1

Posts 2
Jace Cloud | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 16 2010 1:10 PM

"Look at the Beatles with iTunes, etc etc."

As you probably know, the Beatles finally reached an agreement with iTunes. If the Beatles and iTunes can come to an agreement, surely Logos and David C Cook Publishers can, too.

Does anyone know if any developments have been made in this area?

Posts 28
Pastor Lloy B. Stevens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 17 2010 7:20 AM

I have Olive Tree on my iPhone 4 and BKC is there to use...

Posts 844
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 7 2011 11:00 AM

Pastor Lloy B. Stevens:
 I have Olive Tree on my iPhone 4 and BKC is there to use...

For most of the companies, the problem is the iPad, not the iPhone. License agreements are in place for the iPhone, but not the iPad. I do wonder though, how is it that Accordance managed to get permission to make it available on their iPad app, yet no one else...

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 5316
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 7 2011 11:18 AM

Still not sure what the issue is. AS pointed out here olivetree sells it, and even Accordance owners of the resource can use it on our iOs devices, perhaps Logos' contracts are written quite oddly,  as owning a resource in Logos format should give us the right to use it on any machine running the Logos platform.

-Dan 

Posts 844
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 7 2011 11:35 AM

Dan Francis:
AS pointed out here olivetree sells it

Yes, they do. But it cannot be used on the iPad.

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 274
Daniel Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 7 2011 11:44 AM

Dan Francis:

Still not sure what the issue is. AS pointed out here olivetree sells it, and even Accordance owners of the resource can use it on our iOs devices, perhaps Logos' contracts are written quite oddly,  as owning a resource in Logos format should give us the right to use it on any machine running the Logos platform.

-Dan 

As I understand it, Logos negotiated the contracts for a number of resources prior to releasing the iOS app about a year ago.  So, they will have to (and are in the process of doing, for some resources) renegotiate with the publishers for access on mobile devices as well as on regular computers (PC, Mac).  The reason some resources are only available on desktop is because they've been available longer (prior to the mobile app) and the licenses have not been renegotiated.

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 17 2011 9:36 AM

Any updates on the BKC on iOS?  Do we know if it is gone for good or if there is hope of eventually working out whatever licensing issues caused it to be pulled?

Posts 5316
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 17 2011 10:33 AM

Ron Keyston Jr:

Any updates on the BKC on iOS?  Do we know if it is gone for good or if there is hope of eventually working out whatever licensing issues caused it to be pulled?

I am sure it will be back eventually, the problem as finally admitted by a Logos staff in a different thread is that in order for Logos to be able to make it available through Biblia, the contracts need to be rewritten for web access. Because the files are not normally installed on our machines it;s a different class of right. Hopefully Logos will allow us to install things to our devices from our computers eventually letting us put on any files we own.

-Dan

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 17 2011 12:00 PM

Dan Francis:

Ron Keyston Jr:

I am sure it will be back eventually, the problem as finally admitted by a Logos staff in a different thread is that in order for Logos to be able to make it available through Biblia, the contracts need to be rewritten for web access. Because the files are not normally installed on our machines it;s a different class of right. Hopefully Logos will allow us to install things to our devices from our computers eventually letting us put on any files we own.

-Dan

Good info, thanks Dan

Posts 366
Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 17 2011 7:50 PM

Scott Fillmer:
I contacted David C Cook Publishers

I just left a message at http://www.davidccook.com/feedback/index.cfm?step=2&requestType=11 requesting them to reconsider.

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 16 2011 8:27 AM

*bump*

Please tell us that BKC is coming/returning soon...pretty please??

Posts 844
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 7 2011 9:02 AM
Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Question/Issue/Feedback:

Do you have plans to allow the BKC to be licensed to Logos and to Olive Tree for use on the iPad. I find it interesting, and confusing that I can use it in Accordance, but not the others. I have purchased the BKC several times. It is one of my favorites. Thank you.

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

Dear Mr Davis

Thank you for inquiring with David C Cook through Feedback. Unfortunately, at this time we are not contracted with either Logos or Olive Tree and do not have any immediate plans to be licensed with them for uploading onto Ipad.

In Christ

Web Services
Customer Care Department

4050 Lee Vance View
Colorado Springs, CO 80918
719-536-0100
www.DavidCCook.com

Posts 1367
JimTowler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 8 2011 8:22 PM

Maybe they would be interested to know that I will attempt to ensure they never get any more of my money!!!

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 23 2011 6:45 AM

*bump*

*sigh* Sad

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 12:07 PM

*bump*

Still holding out hope of eventually having BKC back on mobile devices!

Posts 1514
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 30 2012 2:50 PM

I feel your pain Kknight. Sad

Page 4 of 7 (137 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | RSS