Two quick questions

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1
Thomas Chet Johns | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 12 2010 8:11 PM

I have two quick questions and they relate to the mac version of logos (version 4) so I thought I would post here. When logos 4 for the mac is finally a complete product, will a new set of CDs be sent out to those who purchased the original product? I assume my original CDs with an alpha version are likely of little use now. If not, will we be allowed to purchase the CDs without having to repurchase the program?

Second, last year I purchased the Logos Catholic Collection from Steve Ray's website. It came with a copy of logos for windows. I was able to eventually use the product with the Mac version 3, but so far have been unable to access or load the books with version 4. Maybe I just haven't figured out how to load from the Libronix disk, or perhaps the program wasn't far enough along when I last tested it. I don't see where this specific product is offered at the Logos site so perhaps it was specifically compiled for use with the windows version of the program? Beats me, but there were a lot of good books I'd love to get access to on that disk.

Thanks for your help. In reading some of the recent posts I wanted to add that the updates have been excellent and the people at Logos have been very helpful with us Mac users. Thanks.

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 9:02 PM

ThomasChetJohns:
If not, will we be allowed to purchase the CDs without having to repurchase the program?

You can always download the latest version of the application at www.logos.com/logos4mac. If you want another updated resource CD, you'll probably have to call customer service. I'm sure they could help you out and you won't have to repurchase the program to get an updated media disk.

ThomasChetJohns:
Second, last year I purchased the Logos Catholic Collection from Steve Ray's website.

Call customer service and have them unlock it on your Logos 4 account. Then it'll download automatically, or you can insert the disk, type "scan optical media" and restart and it should find the books. Again, customer service should be able to walk you through any problems you have.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 9438
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 12 2010 9:06 PM

ThomasChetJohns:
will we be allowed to purchase the CDs without having to repurchase the program

If they are made available, certainly. Logos usually charges a small fee for the costs of the discs and postage.

ThomasChetJohns:
so far have been unable to access or load the books with version 4

It may be a problem with Logos 4 picking up your licenses for this collection. I suggest you call Logos support and explain the problem to them. They can check to see if your current license file includes these resources and unlock them if needed (you'll need the code that came with the discs for this).

Perhaps there is a specific problem with this set in Logos for the Mac. If so, the support people should also be able to tell you about that.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS