B6: People. Places and Things

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 82
Rob Taylor | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 14 2010 6:15 AM

I have a friend who cannot use the People, Places and Things section of the Tools menu because they are all grayed out. He has uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same thing. Anyone have this issue or have resolved this?

Posts 838
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 14 2010 6:31 AM

Rob Taylor:

I have a friend who cannot use the People, Places and Things section of the Tools menu because they are all grayed out. He has uninstalled and reinstalled and still the same thing. Anyone have this issue or have resolved this?

These are available as part of the Logos 4 paid upgrade/cross grade or new packages. Is it possible that he has not purchased this yet?

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 82
Rob Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 14 2010 6:36 AM

He has a paid Leader Library.

Posts 838
Dewayne Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 14 2010 7:40 AM

Rob Taylor:

He has a paid Leader Library.

Did he purchase it as a L4 library? Or is it Libronix.

“... every day in which I do not penetrate more deeply into the knowledge of God’s Word in Holy Scripture is a lost day for me. I can only move forward with certainty upon the firm ground of the Word of God.”

Posts 82
Rob Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 14 2010 8:08 AM

Yes L4 library

Posts 4594
Forum MVP
Mike Binks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 14 2010 10:38 AM

Rob

I ask because you have posted for your friend.

Does he have internet access or is he running off line?

If he is off line - which version of the Beta is he using?

If he has internet access and the latest Beta he will probably have to submit his logs to get a resolution.

That said this is the first time I recall this problem being raised in the forum so there must be something odd about his system.

tootle pip

Mike

Posts 698
LogosEmployee
Cameron Watters (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 14 2010 11:15 AM
Rob Taylor:

The symptoms you describe suggest a licensing issue. I'd suggest a call from your friend to customer support to ensure that all of the licensing details are properly setup for his account.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 82
Rob Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 14 2010 11:37 AM

I think so too. Thanks. We are at a Morris Proctor seminar and I have told my friend to call support next week. 

Posts 3
Rudy Du Plooy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 15 2010 8:01 AM

Hi all,

I am new to logos and also have a problem with people and things.

I have the Scholars edition of L4 and it always tells me that no illustration is available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 15 2010 5:00 PM

Rudy Du Plooy:

Hi all,

I am new to logos and also have a problem with people and things.

I have the Scholars edition of L4 and it always tells me that no illustration is available.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Welcome Big Smile

Please elaborate on problem with people and things - what would you like to see ?

For grins, tried clicking various Explorer items - found some things have illustrations while others do not:

For comparison, typed letter in Biblical Things - found 2 entries - one is illustrated.

Of people listed in Explorer, only Yahweh not illustrated; Sanhedrin, Pharisee, and Gentile illustrated.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3
Rudy Du Plooy | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 15 2010 10:26 PM

Thanks for the reply,

I have no illustrations at all. No matter what i type.

When i explore a verse a number of things come up under the people, places and things tab, but when i click on them it tells me there is no illustration.

The family trees, and the maps works fine but no illustrations of anything at all.

Thanks.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 16 2010 5:35 PM

Rudy Du Plooy:

Thanks for the reply,

I have no illustrations at all. No matter what i type.

When i explore a verse a number of things come up under the people, places and things tab, but when i click on them it tells me there is no illustration.

The family trees, and the maps works fine but no illustrations of anything at all.

Thanks.

Wondering what verse(s) have no illustrations ?  (can try replicating using my Library)

Also, please post a set of logs - forum http://community.logos.com/forums/t/6731.aspx has tutorial.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3
Rudy Du Plooy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 16 2010 10:29 PM

I reinstalled L4 and now its all working. Phew!

Thanks and much appreciation for the Mac Team. This is wonderful!

Many the Lord bless you as you work so hard to bring this amazing resource to  mac users.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS