Repeated Crash When Attaching Note

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 15 2010 4:27 AM | Locked

Experienced two consecutive crashes when attempting to attach a note to Psalm 27:4. Nothing had been copied; I merely right clicked and selected "Add note to Useful Commentary." The note was not created prior to Logos has encountered an error and needs to close.

3326.Archive.zip

Rebooted Windows and reinstalled Parallels Tools. Same Result

6786.Archive.zip

Shut down Windows and quit Parallels. Copied a single word from a Mac document to eliminate any Windows element from the Clipboard. Restarted Windows & Logos. Attempted to attach a note to Psalm 27:4. Same Result.

5228.Archive3.zip

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 15 2010 5:07 AM | Locked

Which Bible version Jack?  I cannot reproduce in NASB.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 15 2010 5:29 AM | Locked

Thomas Black:

Which Bible version Jack?  I cannot reproduce in NASB.

NKJV. This may be related to running Windows on a Mac under XP. Melissa had previously spoken of a conflict with the Clipboard.

OTOH, it may be the rather large Note File. I attached a note from Luke into another Note File without incident. Then I went back to Useful Commentary from the same Luke passage, and Logos encountered a problem and needed to close.

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 15 2010 5:45 AM | Locked

The situation becomes even more interesting. I opened the Mac Beta and created a note in Useful Commentary on Psalm 27:4. After Synching, I reopened the Windows version. The note indicator (colored box) was present at Psalm 27:4, but when I clicked it, Logos encountered an error. Opened L4 Win again. The little box is present at the verse, but the note is missing.

EDIT: Have done some more experimenting. It may be the layout. Must leave for Church now. Will explore some more after lunch.

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 15 2010 10:39 AM | Locked

Jack Caviness:
Have done some more experimenting. It may be the layout.

I recreated the layout, and now I can create and access notes without ugly messages from Windows.

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2010 6:15 AM | Locked

I spoke too soon. The crash while attaching a note has returned. This time it was from a resource (For the Love of God, Volume 1) to a small (less than 6 notes) Note File. This same resource was open during the crashes noted above.

6523.Archive.zip

Posts 1680
Jerry M | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2010 6:59 AM | Locked

Something I noticed is that you can make Logos crash.  If you turn off your note file with the visual filter drop down menu and immediately right click on a scripture passage and select the note file you just turned off, Logos will crash, if it is still in the process of turning off that note file.  Likewise, I scrolled rapidly, and before the computer could catch up, I left clicked on that, tile and it crashed.  This can corrupt the file so you don't really want to test this. So it seems that either we need a visual indication not to click on a tile, unless this tendency is eliminated by the programmers. Has anyone else had this experience? 

"For the kingdom of God does not consist in words but in power"      Wiki Table of Contents

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2010 7:25 AM | Locked

Jerry M:
 This can corrupt the file so you don't really want to test this.... Has anyone else had this experience? 

I don't think I want to try.

Posts 26509
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 17 2010 4:13 PM | Locked

Jerry M:
Something I noticed is that you can make Logos crash.  If you turn off your note file with the visual filter drop down menu and immediately right click on a scripture passage and select the note file you just turned off, Logos will crash, if it is still in the process of turning off that note file.

I have a quad core and could not induce a crash but I would have to do it within 0.15 sec according to the log and I just wasn't that keen! Like wise with fast scrolling.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS