installing Logos on my laptop

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
Doc Dewberry | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 20 2010 12:24 AM

I'm going on vacation in a couple of days..I have Logos 4 installed on my desktop.  How do I install it on my laptop which has the old lintonix software on it. 

Posts 4744
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 20 2010 12:41 AM

Doc Dewberry:

I'm going on vacation in a couple of days..I have Logos 4 installed on my desktop.  How do I install it on my laptop which has the old lintonix software on it. 

Having Libronix coexist on the laptop is not an issue. Many users maintain a working copy of L3 along side L4. You can even run both at the same time if you like. The easiest (and quickest) way to install on your laptop would be to use method 1 or 2 as described on this wiki page http://wiki.logos.com/Quick_Installation_onto_multiple_computers

I have used method two 4 or 5 times and it works great. You can have a working copy of L4 on you laptop in 30-45 minutes vs. downloading all the resources again and indexing

Posts 4
Doc Dewberry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 21 2010 1:12 AM

seems like there would be a easier way since I already have the program running on my desktop and on a laptop that's in for repairs.  when I originally  got tec support, he installed the program on my laptop from Logos website.  I just got a window saying I have to have at least windows XP Service Pack 3.  didn't realize I hadn't use this computer for a while.  I might just use Libronix for this  vacation trip, seems like It's going to take a lot of time to update my old computer... thanks for the help.

Posts 25378
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 21 2010 10:43 PM

Doc Dewberry:
seems like there would be a easier way

Just run  http://downloads.logos.com/LBS4/Installer/Logos4Setup.exe

It will take several hours to download and index on the "old" laptop!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS