Biblia.com search ranking needs work.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Aug 20 2010 1:45 PM

Is Biblia.com going to use the same ranking algorithm as Logos4 eventually?

Currently it seems random, and the list is crowded with relatively useless entries from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus (at least when doing a single word search).  Often I find the M-W Spanish-English Dictionary at the top of the results--not partucularly what I'm looking for.  Smile

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 408
LogosEmployee
Bryan Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 20 2010 2:39 PM

Biblia performs the same search as Logos4's Basic search. The only difference is that you have a different set of resources available online since we have not yet obtained permission to use all of them online.

Posts 5615
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 20 2010 3:19 PM

Bryan Smith:

Biblia performs the same search as Logos4's Basic search. The only difference is that you have a different set of resources available online since we have not yet obtained permission to use all of them online.

Ah I see now.  I'm used to seeing more of the IVP and other references at the top of the list that aren't online. Any idea why the Spanish-English dictionary gets ranked so high sometimes even though the article has fewer hits than other resources?

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS