Crash Report: 4.1 Beta 10 (4.10.4.4340) when trying to print or export passage lists

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 29 2010 4:26 PM | Locked

4505.Logos4Crash.txt

When ever I bring up the screen to print or export a passage list, L4 crashes. I have confirmed the behavior on multiple passage lists, using my MBP (Windows 7, Fusion 3.x) and my wife's HP running Windows 7. I have included the crash report and if the developers need me to pull full logs I would be more than happy to.

Posts 25660
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 29 2010 5:43 PM | Locked

I cannot reproduce a crash with any Passage List so it would be useful to provide a screen shot of a PL and a Logos4.log of the crash.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 30 2010 6:29 AM | Locked

Thanks for pointing me at the contents of the passage lists Dave. Here is what I have tried so far:

1. I created a new blank passage list, and it didn't crash.

2. I opened a passage list that I hadn't opened for at least a month and it didn't crash

3. I opened all the passage lists (See below) I opened daily for the current study I am teaching and they ALL crashed )(even though the don't share verses). Although if you are interested on which verses are in which passage list, you can find that information here: https://sites.google.com/a/poperszky.org/nt-giving-study/)

So, it looks like something corrupted any passage lists that I accessed recently, Logos has my permission to pull them from the sync server if they need to see the actual file and while I can recreate them easily enough, I am sure the Dev group would like to know why they corrupted, and stop them from crashing the program. (At least I hope they do Big Smile )

BTW, I have been able to print/export those passage lists as late as two weeks ago, and a couple have remained static since then, although they are opened daily as part of a layout.

As for the logs, Bradley in another thread said the important information in a crash is the crash report, and that the logs generally contained a "lot of noise", but if they do need them, I will turn it on and post them.

Thanks again for your help,

Terry

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 30 2010 10:29 AM | Locked

Terry,

Does the program crash as soon as you open Print/Export for one of these Passage List documents, or after you click on Print or a 'Save as' export option?

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 30 2010 11:14 AM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:
Does the program crash as soon as you open Print/Export for one of these Passage List documents, or after you click on Print or a 'Save as' export option?

Long Story: Once I pick the print/export option, it brings up the floating screen (Blank), and then the program crashes within 2 seconds of that screen appearing.

Short Story: as soon as I open Print/Export

And as I said earlier, if you need to yank those passage lists from my profile, feel free.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 30 2010 11:29 AM | Locked

Terry Poperszky:

Melissa Snyder:

Long Story: Once I pick the print/export option, it brings up the floating screen (Blank), and then the program crashes within 2 seconds of that screen appearing.

Short Story: as soon as I open Print/Export

And as I said earlier, if you need to yank those passage lists from my profile, feel free.

Thanks, I've submitted your report, log and screenshot to development.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 31 2010 8:09 AM | Locked

Thanks Melissa, I appreciate your help.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 31 2010 11:02 AM | Locked

Terry Poperszky:

Thanks Melissa, I appreciate your help.

This will be fixed in the next beta.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 31 2010 3:25 PM | Locked

Can't ask more than that. Pass my thanks on to the Dev group.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 3 2010 11:05 AM | Locked

Melissa, Beta 11 fixed this issue. Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS