Page 3 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 48 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 26
Richard Hendricks | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 25 2011 10:42 PM

I'm trying to figure out what deal a certain Florida based Mac software company worked out with Zondervan to allow the NIV to be available to users on both the Mac and iOS.

Posts 2465
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2011 4:14 AM

Richard Hendricks:

I'm trying to figure out what deal a certain Florida based Mac software company worked out with Zondervan to allow the NIV to be available to users on both the Mac and iOS.

Please note that both MAC and iOS are Apple systems.  Did they get a 'use on Apple' license? [I do not know but I am asking]

Posts 386
MJD | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2011 5:43 AM

Michael Childs:

MJD:
Your statement of not wanting to pay for it twice is simply not accurate.

MJD,

You, me, and most all of us are speculating without many facts on all this.  However I still believe that if we pay twice to use resources on both L4 and the iPhone / iPad app, we will soon be paying twice for all resources.  That is the way business works in the real world.

Whatever else may or may not be accurate, that is, in my opinion.

One thing I would bet.  I would bet that if this was as simple to fix as most posts here assume it is, Bob and the Logos leadership would not need advice from a public forum to tell them to fix it.  They know that people want the NIV, and they want to provide the resources their customers want.  So I assume there is a good reason the NIV is not on the iPhone / iPad app.  That would be my bet for sure.

Michael,

I am not speculating... I have negotiated these types of deals. 

Zondervan is in the business to license their works.  If Logos (at the time of the original contract)wanted the NIV to be included in the agreement they should have entered into a license agreement that allowed and included it usage on PDA's.

Why do Logos users have access to other Zondervan titles on thier PDA's?  They do because they negotiated those usage rights into the contract.  Do you think Logos paid twice for those books?  PLEASE THINK.

Posts 490
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 26 2011 5:46 AM

MJD:
I am not speculating... I have negotiated these types of deals.

Unless you know specifics of the agreement, you're speculating. 

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 3
Mark Papierski | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 2:18 PM

I originally purchased the NIV and other resources for my Palm PDA.  Over five years later, I purchased an iPod Touch and Olivetree allowed me to download all the resources in the different format.  The Olivetree app has a lot more features - absolutely no comparison!

Posts 767
Alan Charles Gielczyk | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 2:24 PM

No comparison if you only use an iOs device but with OT on a computer you can't do nearly what you can with Logos. And you don't have to pay twice for the resources. Once Logos is done with their sync v2 I think you will see Logos on mobile apps leave the other software in the dust just like they do on Mac and PC. 

Posts 5257
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 2:51 PM

I'd love to have NIV84 and NIRV in logos  mobile app also.  I am not going to speculate on it all...I don't believe it would be good to have the option to pay forr a separate license for mobile platform.  Neither am I going to pay for it in another mobile app.  For now if I want either of these translations mobile I simply log into biblia.com and I can read them from there...the reader mode is Safari is great when I just want to read these translations.  The only downside is I can access them offline. But since I use NASB95 and ESV for study purposes not a major sticking point.

Posts 2246
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 31 2011 4:29 PM

Mark,

Your point is understood. However you are referring to only one book, the NIV. With the Logos App I have access to almost my entire library without any additional cost. OT has been doing mobile a long time. Logos less than a year. They are both wonderful apps.  I am really pleased to have the Logos app.

Posts 5257
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 3 2011 10:29 AM

The wait is over... be tired  no longer 

Page 3 of 3 (49 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS