Short list favorite Bibles

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8
Bradley Cowie | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 3 2010 12:56 PM

I have Logos 3 with Original Languages module.

I'd like to create a short list of the Bibles I most frequently consult. That way I don't have to scroll through the entire list of versions and mss (which is now taller than the screen is vertically).  I don't want to remove the lesser-used versions, as I still look at them occasionally. I don't always want multiple Bibles on the screen either.

But, is there a way to create a short list (in favorites or elsewhere) that I can toggle through quickly?

Posts 18643
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 3 2010 1:09 PM

EDIT: Whoops! I just reread your question and realized you were talking about Logos 3. My answer applies to Logos 4. Sorry. You can create collections in Logos 3, and that's still the answer I'd give. But I'm not prepared to give a thorough explanation of how to do it as I'm really focused on Logos 4 these days. My apologies.

--------

Yup, create a Collection. Read up on how to create collections here: http://wiki.logos.com/Collections

If you check the "show in parallel resources" box when you create the collection, then you'll be able to easily flip through all the versions you frequently consult using the Right Arrow key. You'll just need to make sure that this is the active parallel resource set (which it will be if it's the only one you've ever created). To do that click the PRS icon at the top of your Bible window: . This will drop down a menu which will show which PRS is active (the one with the checkmark) and allow you to change which one is active by clicking on its title (all the resources in each PRS are listed here and the one you are viewing currently has the orange highlight bar to the left of it):

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 3 2010 1:12 PM

Rosie's instructions work for L4, but the principle is the same.  A collection in L3 is the way to go.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Posts 5610
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 3 2010 2:10 PM

In Logos 3, a parallel resource association is what you need to easily switch between your favorite bibles.  Collections are only used for searches in L3.

The Tools->Library Management->Define Resource Associations menu item will bring up the resource association editor. 

Click "New", check the "Parallel" radio button in the window that pops up.

Find the Bibles you want in the left hand side of the window and "Add" them to the right hand side of the window:

Click OK when you're done, and then leave the resource association window.

Open up one of those Bibles, and you'll see the parallel resources are limited to the ones you added:

Ctrl->LeftArrow and Ctrl->RightArrow will cycle through them.

You can also add Bibles to the favorites menu, if that works for you.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 8601
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 3 2010 3:35 PM

Thanks Todd,

I no longer have L3 installed and am surprised how much of it I'm forgetting.

Truth Is Still Truth Even if You Don't Believe It

Check the Wiki

Warning: Sarcasm is my love language. I may inadvertently express my love to you.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS